cPanel, provider of web hosting automation software, announced the release of WP Toolkit for cPanel, a feature-rich application with user-friendly installation, configuration, security, and management of WordPress websites. WP Toolkit for cPanel exists as both a free version (Lite) and as a paid upgrade (Deluxe). All of the functionality one could hope for in a WordPress tool, such as staging and cloning, Smart Updates to automatic hardening which protects against security vulnerabilities, and the auto-installation of plugin and theme sets are included, saving time and simplifying the management of single or multiple WordPress installations. The free Lite version can be accessed by upgrading to a supported cPanel version (86 LTS, 90, and 92), and the full-featured Deluxe version is available through cPanel Partners and the cPanel Store. To get started, check out the full list of features and benefits here:
AI inside Inc. announced a new service to support multiple languages on AI-OCR “DX Suite”, through the release of new AI-engine that can recognize English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese characters. Through this AI inside will begin its global expansion starting with the Asian market. Through the provision of AI-OCR “DX Suite”, AI inside has contributed to improve the operational efficiency and productivity of companies and municipalities in Japan through the high accuracy recognition of both printed and handwritten characters. AI inside has also been developing a foreign language recognition AI-engine in order to expand the availability of “DX Suite” beyond Japan to other countries around the world. This foreign language AI-engine has now achieved commercially viable accuracy to recognize characters of English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese, and now announce the availability of this multilingual service on the cloud version of “DX Suite”. For current users of “DX Suite” cloud version it is possible to utilize this multilingual service without any additional registration.
Hitachi Solutions, Ltd. announced the release of “Business Efficiency Solution by Natural Language Processing (NLP) AI.” It combines Hitachi and Allganize’s expertise in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide business automation solutions, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), NLP and cognitive agents. Allganize’s AI technology is able to extract structured knowledge from millions of documents and other content sources. Hitachi’s “Katsubun Intellectual Information Mining” provides a set of tools and techniques to identify specific ways to improve business operations. The solution features:
- Katsubun Intellectual Information Mining analyzes clients’ operational processes and enables them to identify bottlenecks for process improvement.
- Alli AnswerBot streamlines customer service and automates business processes.
- Cognitive Search enriches and extracts structured knowledge from unstructured data sources to make content more searchable.
- Named Entity Recognition (NER) locates and classifies named entities such as brand names, people, product names, purchase order and account information from unstructured data sources.
- Review Analysis automatically converts opinions such as user feedback and reviews into measurable data for analysis.
- Text Classification assigns custom predefined categories to free-text for managing content.
- Sentiment Analysis, emotional AI that categorizes text by emotional state such as happy, angry or sad.
iManage announced new platform enhancements to provide a modern, feature-rich, SaaS-based Work Product Management Platform to improve knowledge professional productivity, and security. The new version improves the user experience, delivers increased organizational agility, and helps iManage users productively manage remote and mobile work in a single, integrated platform. Highlights include:
- Improved user experience: An interactive, drag-and-drop file tree allows users to navigate large, complex workspaces, and manage large numbers of files with fewer clicks. New workflows make creating and moving folders and adding document references simple and help speed access to information.
- Expanded search: Enhanced search capabilities enable users to search and find documents and emails with increased accuracy directly from Outlook.
- Offline workspace synching: iManage Drive makes mobile productivity easy by enabling entire workspaces to be taken offline for remote work. When users reconnect, these workspaces are automatically synced in iManage.
With iManage Cloud, customer infrastructure is managed remotely. iManage Cloud enables customers to respond to changing conditions quickly.
Mindbreeze announced a new partnership with Akeydor Ltd, a specialized IT consulting services company focusing on both out-of-the-box and custom software automation solutions. Akeydor Ltd implements software for remote access, remote support, and classroom management that serves distance and remote contexts for both teaching and learning. The Mindbreeze InSpire insight engine provides quick indexing of data and enables information crawling. Uniting knowledge and information from company-internal data sources into one semantic search index, Mindbreeze InSpire makes analyzing, understanding, and finding of largest volumes of information efficient and easy. Akeydor Ltd has partnered with Mindbreeze to offer customers a cognitive search experience. Through this new partnership, Akeydor Ltd will have the ability to provide customers with enterprise search and digital transformation.
Cloudflare, Inc. announced the release of Cloudflare Pages, a new website development platform. Cloudflare Pages is JAMstack-compatible and offers security, scalability, pricing, and performance. Cloudflare Pages provides developers a simpler, faster, and more collaborative way to build websites for free. Performance on the web has always been a battle against the speed of light—accessing a site from London that is served from Seattle, WA means every single asset request has to travel over seven thousand miles. Cloudflare Pages helps with the web performance battle, building entire sites directly onto the edge of the Internet, and closer to the end-users. With Cloudflare Pages, developers can focus on building brilliant websites rather than spending time on integrating disparate systems. Pages integrates seamlessly with GitHub to simplify the development process, to collect and integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders, and to deploy those changes quickly to the edge.
Panopto, a video management system provider for enterprise and higher education, announced new features that make it easy for users to discover and share knowledge through on-demand videos and meeting recordings. Creators now have new ways to increase visibility of their videos, and viewers have easy ways to follow creators and topics of interest to them. The new features include:
- Tags. Content creators and administrators can now apply tags to videos and manage the set of tags available on their site. From the library and the viewer interfaces, users can see the tags applied to each video and find other tagged videos with a single click.
- Sharing moments in a video. Viewers can share a link to a specific point in a video from the viewer interface. As long as the sharing recipient has permission to view the video, they will be taken to the exact moment in the video that was shared. This feature is especially useful for employees and students collaborating on projects or sharing moments from recorded meetings.
- Subscriptions. Viewers can now subscribe to secure videos from specific creators, tags, and folders, surfacing the content that is most important to them right on their homepage.
Liferay, Inc., which makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile, and connected devices, announced it will join the IBM Cloud for Financial Services ecosystem and intends to onboard its flagship Liferay Digital Experience solution to the platform. The IBM Cloud for Financial Services is designed to help institutions safely migrate their sensitive operations to the cloud and take advantage of cloud-native technologies from IBM’s independent software vendor (ISV) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) partners. Liferay DXP will provide financial institutions with a single platform on which to develop omnichannel experiences for their customers, partners, and employees. The IBM Cloud for Financial Services is designed to help address financial services institutions requirements for their regulatory compliance, security, and resiliency. IBM’s ecosystem of partners fuels hybrid cloud environments by helping clients manage and modernize workloads from bare-metal to multicloud and everything in between with Red Hat OpenShift.