Language I/O released its multilingual chatbot for Salesforce. Customers expect immediate responses from businesses when they are searching for help with an issue, and 64% of customers expect 24-hour customer service support to be available. The challenge comes in meeting those customers in their native language, so effective problem solving and direction is provided. In the US alone, approximately 13% (50 million people) of consumers are not native English speakers. Messages passed to chatbots, as with live chat, are often not written out in complete sentences with proper grammar. Customers are more conversational, the way people actually speak to each other in real life. The challenge of multilingual translation for chatbots, that Language I/O solves, is processing all the messy user generated content (UCG) including jargon, misspellings, acronyms, product names, etc.
DataStax announced Astra Streaming, a scalable, multi-cloud messaging and event streaming platform built on Apache Pulsar. Astra Streaming is integrated with DataStax’s marquee serverless database, Astra DB, to deliver a multi-cloud solution for managing both data in motion and data at rest. With the introduction of Astra Streaming, DataStax aims to deliver on its vision of an open data stack for today’s multi-cloud applications that require massive scale, zero-downtime availability, and high performance. Astra Streaming Features:
- Global scale, cloud-native streaming, powered by Apache Pulsar without the complexity of self-managed solutions
- Compatible with Apache Kafka and Java Messaging Service
- Simple developer APIs for streaming
- Handles high-volume queuing and pub-sub messaging and more complex messaging patterns
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
Astra Streaming is available today in a beta version. To get started with Astra Streaming, create a free account.
In its second major release of the year, DataRobot announced several product upgrades to its Augmented Intelligence platform designed to further democratize AI. The 7.1 release introduces:
- MLOps Management Agents – DataRobot’s MLOps Management Agents provide advanced lifecycle management for an organization’s remote models. Management Agents understand the state of any remote model regardless of how they were created or where they are running, and can automate various tasks.
- Feature Discovery Push-Down Integration for Snowflake – Joint DataRobot and Snowflake customers can benefit from the automatic discovery and computation of new features for their models directly in the Snowflake Data Cloud.
- Time Series Eureqa Model Enhancements – DataRobot Automated Time Series now runs its unique Eureqa forecasting models as part of the regular Autopilot process. Eureqa models are based on the idea that a genetic algorithm can fit different analytic expressions to trained data and return a mathematical formula as a machine learning model.
- No-Code AI App Builder – the No-Code AI App Builder allows customers to quickly turn any deployed model into a rich AI application without a single line of code.
Additional product upgrades: Data Prep for Time Series, Nowcasting for Time-Aware Models, Automated AI Reports, and Prediction Jobs and Scheduling UI.
LivePerson, Inc., a provider of conversational AI, and Adobe announced an integration to help brands transform digital customer experience by seamlessly extending personalization from digital experiences into messaging channels and one-to-one conversations at massive scale.
The LivePerson-Adobe combination focuses on the seamless integration of LivePerson’s Conversational Cloud with Adobe Experience Cloud to help brands serve highly personalized and contextualized messages, recommendations, and offers on their customers’ favorite messaging channels. The integration helps brands to:
- Enrich customer intelligence, track attribution, and drive long-term customer value by easily sharing intent data from customer conversations on the Conversational Cloud with insights on that customer’s activity and history from Adobe Analytics
- Capture more qualified leads and accelerate net-new conversions by integrating the Conversational Cloud with Adobe Marketo Engage for proactive, automated conversations
- Increase sale conversions and decrease checkout abandonment by offering relevant assistance at any point in the buying journey
- Apply LivePerson’s Natural Language Understanding, built on over 20 years of goal-based customer conversation data, to these engagements
Google announced updates to deliver a single, integrated communication and collaboration solution to everyone via Google Workspace. Now, all of the company’s three billion-plus existing users across consumer, enterprise, and education have access to the full Google Workspace experience, including Gmail, Chat, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Meet. In addition to offering Google Workspace to everyone, the company announced new features that address specific challenges and opportunities of the hybrid work world:
- The evolution of Rooms in Google Chat to Spaces
- A new individual subscription offer: Google Workspace Individual
- New enhancements to Google Meet that enable collaboration equity
- New security and privacy capabilities across Google Workspace
With the introduction of Spaces, the Rooms experience in Google Chat will evolve into a dedicated place for organizing people, topics, and projects in Google Workspace. Google Workspace is also launching Workspace Individual, built to help individual business owners grow, run, and protect their business. This new subscription offering includes smart booking services, professional video meetings and personalized email marketing. Companion Mode in Google Meet gives every meeting participant access to interactive features and controls like polls, in-meeting chat, hand raising, Q&A, live captions, and more.
TeamViewer, a provider of remote connectivity and workplace digitalization solutions, announced a partnership with SAP. The companies are joining forces to drive the digital transformation of workplaces and processes in industrial environments. The partnership will help to better address the fast growing need of customers for enhanced, outcome-based services. It includes a technical integration of TeamViewer Frontline, an Augmented Reality (AR) based workflow and remote support suite for deskless workers, into SAP’s solutions for asset and service management as well as a joint go-to-market strategy with TeamViewer joining SAP’s partner program.
First joint use cases of the partnership will include remote AR-based, fast, and precise troubleshooting for maintenance and repair scenarios at SAP customers in industrial machinery and component manufacturing. Running on wearables like smart glasses, TeamViewer Frontline and its dedicated AR-based remote assistance solution allows remote experts to guide on-site workers in real time through complex processes without having to travel. The integration will help to ensure full auditability as all actions will be logged in the SAP software system automatically. These first use cases will be part of all worldwide go-to-market activities within the partnership.
Jorsek Inc., an SaaS provider of component content management systems (CCMS) to enterprises, announced enhancements to the easyDITA platform. These features improve both the consistency of content creation as well as the delivery of a personalized digital customer experience. easyDITA is a content management ecosystem to optimize the creation, control, and deployment of knowledge, product, and reference content for companies with sophisticated products and services, global audiences or complex regulatory compliance requirements.
The latest version of easyDITA also expands the deployment capabilities by including a new integration with Docusaurus, an open source framework for building simple websites, originally developed by Facebook. Users who need to publish content to a simple, out-of-the-box static site (1,500 topics or fewer), can now integrate with Docusaurus Static Site Generator and their preferred hosting vendors for quick documentation site deployment.
easyDITA includes expanded support for Schematron, an automated way to validate information architecture. easyDITA’s Schematron implementation will automatically check rules relating to structure and business to help you adhere to content quality rules without needing to purchase and integrate an additional tool with your authoring system. Schematron works in the background as writers create content, and prompts them with a notification if they deviate from rules. easyDITA’s XML authoring engine can now be enabled with full Schematron support.
Speech Processing Solutions announced the latest innovation to their web-based dictation and transcription solution, Philips SpeechLive. With the new desktop app for Windows, users can now dictate directly into any third-party applications including productivity applications Microsoft Word, Outlook or CRM software, to meet the increasing demand for efficient voice recognition and document creation processes within organizations. The new SpeechLive desktop app allows for a more user-friendly and convenient speech-to-text workflow, which saves the customer more time and avoids unnecessary errors which can be made by copying and pasting pieces of text from a different window. Philips SpeechLive now also comes with a new dedicated mobile app, which allows users to be productive on the go. The app rounds up the company’s software portfolio, allowing SpeechLive customers to turn their voice into text from anywhere, anytime.