AtScale, a provider of semantic layer solutions for modern business intelligence and data science teams, announced new product capabilities for organizations working to accelerate the deployment of enterprise artificial intelligence (AI). These new capabilities leverage AtScale’s position within the data stack with cloud data warehouse and lakehouse platforms including Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Databricks. The AtScale Enterprise semantic layer platform now incorporates:
- Semantic Predictions – Predictions generated by deployed AI/ML models can be written back to cloud data platforms through AtScale. These model-generated predictive statistics inherit semantic model intelligence, including dimensional consistency and discoverability. Predictions are immediately available for exploration by business users using BI tools (AtScale supports connectivity to Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, and Excel) and can be incorporated into augmented analytics resources.
- Managed Features – AtScale creates a hub of centrally governed metrics and dimensional hierarchies that can be used to create a set of managed features for AI/ML models. AtScale managed features inherit semantic context, making them more discoverable and easier to work with. Managed features can now be served directly from AtScale, or through a feature store like FEAST, to train models in AutoML or other AI platforms.
AppTek and expert.ai announced they have entered into a strategic technology partnership to bring AI-based text analytics to dynamic audio content in multiple languages. The partnership leverages AppTek’s Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Neural Machine Translation (NMT) technologies with expert.ai’s natural language understanding capabilities to enable organizations to leverage audio content in the unstructured data sets that they manage for improving decision making and augmenting intelligent automation.
As organizations increasingly utilize language data—emails, documents, reports and other free form text— for an ever-growing range of enterprise use cases (knowledge discovery, contract analysis, policy review, email management, text summarization, classification, entity extraction etc.), natural language capabilities will play a critical role in powering any process or application that relies on unstructured language data. The combined capabilities of AppTek and expert.ai supercharge enterprise and government NLU and NLP applications, expanding the data types and sources available for analysis to provide even more informational output.
Using AppTek’s speech-to-text technology within the expert.ai Platform, organizations can automatically transcribe audio types from different sources, including high-quality media broadcast content, podcasts, meetings, one-to-one interviews or even low bandwidth telephone conversations. In addition, they can leverage advanced multilingual functionalities to generate accurate, customizable and scalable translations across hundreds of language pairs.
https://www.apptek.com/ ■ https://www.expert.ai/
Stardog, an Enterprise Knowledge Graph platform provider, today announced it had joined Databricks Partner Connect, which lets Databricks customers integrate with select partners directly from within their Databricks workspace. Stardog is the first Databricks partner to deliver a knowledge-graph-powered semantic layer. Now with just a few clicks, data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists can model, explore, access, and infer new insights for analytics, AI, and data fabric needs — an end-to-end user experience without the burden of moving or copying data. Together, Stardog’s availability on Databricks Partner Connect enables joint customers to:
- Easily define and reuse relevant business concepts and relationships as a semantic data model meaningful to multiple use cases.
- Link and query data in and outside of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to provide just-in-time cross-domain analytics for richer insights.
- Ask and answer questions across a diverse set of connected data domains to fuel new business insights without the need for specialized skills.
https://www.stardog.com ■ https://www.databricks.com/partnerconnect
Cloudflare, Inc. announced that Cloudflare’s Data Localization Suite (DLS) is now available in three new countries in the Asia Pacific region: Australia, India, and Japan. The Data Localization Suite will help businesses based in these countries, as well as global companies who do business in these countries, to comply with their data localization obligations by using Cloudflare to easily set rules and controls on where their domestic data goes and who has access to it. This ultimately allows any business with customers in these countries to service their data locally while benefiting from the speed, security, and scalability of Cloudflare’s global network.
Businesses in Australia, India, and Japan can use Cloudflare’s Data Localization Suite to:
- Control where traffic is serviced: Companies can choose the data center locations where their traffic is inspected.
- Build and deploy serverless code, with regional control: Build applications that allow developers to combine global performance with local compliance regulations.
- Use Cloudflare’s security features to protect their web properties.
- Align with global and regional security certifications: Businesses can trust that they are compliant with global privacy and security certifications like ISO 27001, 27701, and 27018.
Fivetran announced the availability of Fivetran’s Metadata API to enable the tracking of data “in-flight” from source to destination as it moves through Fivetran-managed pipelines. With this additional visibility, customers can integrate with governance and observability tools to give data teams more control over who has access to what data. Enabling automated data governance, the Fivetran Metadata API also provides data stewards, security teams and data engineering teams the needed visibility to answer where the data came from, who accessed it, and what changes have occurred in the pipeline. With the Fivetran Metadata API:
- Data analysts are provided with a deep understanding of where data is coming from and are able to run impact analyses on it.
- Data stewards know end users have access to data that has been handled securely and is compliant with governance requirements.
- Security and legal teams can complete security audits and ensure the data moved is in compliance with organizational policies.
- Data architects and engineers will soon be able to understand upstream schema changes and ensure downstream processes are updated.
Fivetran launched better metadata management with four data catalog vendors: Atlan, data.world, Alation and Collibra.
Santa Cruz Software, provider of software for cross media content publishing, announced a new version of their DAM connector LinkrUI will now enable Digital Asset Manager (DAM) syncing for three Microsoft Office applications. Currently available only via DAM reselling partners, Microsoft Office functionality with LinkrUI is now compatible for applications Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel.
LinkrUI enables direct searching, opening, placing and synchronizing of digital assets stored in a DAM system or other storage services, such as Box and Dropbox. The new version of LinkrUI automatically synchronizes assets between Microsoft Office applications and the DAM or storage service to ensure that everyone in an organization can find and work on the latest version.
LinkrUI started as an extension to Adobe applications, providing an in-app panel link between creative applications and the DAM or cloud storage service. The premium version of LinkrUI adds compatibility for Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects and includes additional features like live filtering and Smart-Linkr, which finds and fixes broken asset links automatically. Microsoft Office compatibility is only available in the premium version. LinkrUI for Microsoft Office is currently only available from resellers. A retail version will be announced at a later date.
Adobe announced a definitive merger agreement to acquire Figma, a web-first collaborative design platform, for approximately $20 billion in cash and stock. Figma’s mission is to help teams collaborate visually and make design accessible to all. Founded by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace in 2012, the company pioneered product design on the web. Figma is making it possible for everyone who designs interactive mobile and web applications to collaborate through multi-player workflows, sophisticated design systems and a rich, extensible developer ecosystem.
The combination of Adobe’s and Figma’s communities will bring designers and developers closer together to unlock the future of collaborative design. Adobe and Figma will benefit all stakeholders in the product design process, from designers to product managers to developers, by bringing capabilities from Adobe’s imaging, photography, illustration, video, 3D and font technology into the Figma platform.
The transaction is expected to close in 2023, subject to the receipt of required regulatory clearances and approvals and the satisfaction of other closing conditions. Upon the closing Dylan Field, Figma’s co-founder and CEO, will continue to lead the Figma team, reporting to David Wadhwani, president of Adobe’s Digital Media business. Until the transaction closes, each company will continue to operate independently.
https://news.adobe.com/news/news-details/2022/Adobe-to-Acquire-Figma/default.aspx ■ https://www.figma.com
Progress announced the latest release of its developer tools portfolio, including Progress Telerik, Progress Kendo UI and Progress Telerik Test Studio. With today’s R3 2022 release, Progress introduced Progress ThemeBuilder Pro, enabling developers and designers to implement design systems more seamlessly in web applications, delivering a greater level of design consistency without manual coding work. The company also announced advanced capabilities for development frameworks including Blazor, .NET MAUI, Angular and React to help developers build consistent, high-quality and accessible UI.
Now available for Progress Telerik UI for Blazor, Progress Kendo UI for Angular and Progress KendoReact, ThemeBuilder Pro enables developers and designers to create their own design system in a visual interface, starting with Material, Bootstrap or Fluent design, and when done, implement this design system via their UI components, across web applications. They can make edits to themes in a visual UI without the need to go into the code.
The Telerik and Kendo UI R3 2022 release is available today.