Amazon and Anthropic announced a strategic collaboration that will bring together their respective technology and expertise in safer generative artificial intelligence (AI) to accelerate the development of Anthropic’s future foundation models and make them widely accessible to AWS customers. As part of the expanded collaboration:
- Anthropic will use AWS Trainium and Inferentia chips to build, train, and deploy its future foundation models, benefitting from the price, performance, scale, and security of AWS.
- AWS will become Anthropic’s primary cloud provider for mission critical workloads, including safety research and future foundation model development. Anthropic plans to run the majority of its workloads on AWS.
- Anthropic makes a long-term commitment to provide AWS customers around the world with access to future generations of its foundation models via Amazon Bedrock. In addition, Anthropic will provide AWS customers with early access to unique features for model customization and fine-tuning capabilities.
- Amazon will invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic and have a minority ownership position in the company.
- Amazon developers and engineers will be able to build with Anthropic models via Amazon Bedrock so they can incorporate generative AI capabilities into their work.
https://press.aboutamazon.com/2023/9/amazon-and-anthropic-announce-strategic-collaboration-to-advance-generative-ai ■ https://www.anthropic.com
Contentful, a composable content platform for digital-first business, today announced that it has expanded its relationship with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to launch the Contentful Composable Content Platform in AWS Marketplace. AWS Marketplace is a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software and or services that run on AWS. With Contentful, powered by AWS, customers can build and orchestrate content experiences across all of their digital channels and platforms through AWS Marketplace.
Now, AWS customers can license Contentful through AWS Marketplace for seamless integration of Contentful with their existing cloud infrastructure, in addition to streamlined procurement, consolidated billing and cost-saving opportunities. This enables streamlined management and enhanced performance of digital content, empowering customers to deliver omni-channel digital experiences with increased speed and agility, and ensuring reliability and consistency to meet evolving consumer demands. Contentful, powered by AWS, allows organizations to build digital experiences by creating, managing, and delivering content across websites, mobile apps, and digital platforms.
StreamText, enterprise caption platform, announced the latest release of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) technology powered by artificial intelligence (AI). With the ability to create captions directly from an audio source, StreamText ASR features term glossaries to help finetune captioning AI for specific events and increase overall accuracy. The platform offers direct integrations with meeting software such as Zoom and Adobe Connect. It also supports over 50 source languages, including variants of English, French, and Spanish. While the quality of human captioning is often more accurate than AI counterparts, it may not always apply to all captioning needs. In these cases, StreamText ASR is a solution. ASR is useful in university settings, classrooms, government administration, and broadcast media.
Writer, a full-stack generative AI platform for enterprises, announced its Series B funding round of $100 million today. The round is being led by ICONIQ Growth with participation from WndrCo, Balderton Capital and Insight Partners, who led the Series A, and Aspect Ventures, who led the Seed. In addition, this round includes participation from several Writer customers such as Accenture and Vanguard.
The Series B funding will be used to further invest in the company’s own industry-specific large language models (LLMs), and to add agent and multimodal capabilities to its LLMs. Writer is built from the ground-up for the enterprise. It empowers the entire organization including support, operations, product, sales, HR, and marketing.
The platform includes Writer-built LLMs, Knowledge Graph to integrate with business data sources, and an application layer of chat interfaces, prebuilt templates, and composable UI options. Writer models can be self-hosted, which allows customers to get the security benefits of building their own model with the speed to value benefits of an end-to-end solution. Writer takes a full-stack approach that enables diverse use cases across the entire organization, not just solely on foundation models or an out-of-the-box app that only generates content.
Adobe announced Adobe GenStudio, a new solution combining content ideation, creation, production and activation to advance the enterprise content supply chain with generative AI. By connecting Adobe’s solutions across Creative Cloud, Firefly, Express and Experience Cloud, marketing and creative departments can now:
- Rapidly create and activate new and variant content with Firefly generative AI and Express in a simple to use interface connected to Enterprise data and supports real-time collaboration across the entire company.
- Create Enterprise content workflows and enable content re-use through a single Enterprise portal via Workfront, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Creative Cloud.
- Activate content through any channel and immediately gain insights into content performance through Adobe Experience Cloud.
Through Express integration with Experience Cloud, more people in an organization can now collaborate in content workflow. Experienced designers and marketers such as campaign marketers, web site managers, social media marketers and product managers are able to create, edit and version brand approved assets for immediate personalization. GenStudio puts agility in the hands of digital experience managers while ensuring brand standards and overall governance are maintained. Through the integration of Workfront, Firefly and Adobe Experience Manager, GenStudio accelerates and optimizes a notoriously lengthy, cumbersome and expensive process.
Acquia, a digital experience platform, announced new integrations between Acquia DAM and generative AI solutions ChatGPT and Clarifai. These integrations enable creatives and marketers using the Acquia digital asset management (DAM) platform to accelerate time to market by creating on-brand, search engine optimized product descriptions and image alt text. Acquia DAM may be used as a standalone solution or with content management systems such as Drupal or other products in the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (Acquia DXP).
With the native integration between Acquia DAM and ChatGPT, product marketers can quickly create product listings on their own websites and popular commerce sites such as Walmart, commerce platforms like Shopify. This solution enables teams to create on-brand content for their entire product line faster, based on product attributes in Acquia DAM, to ensure accuracy across digital channels. Teams can use target keywords as inputs for the AI-generated description to optimize for search. As an organization’s image library grows, the integration monitors all new or newly versioned image assets, ensuring no assets fall through the cracks.
Cloudinary, an image and video platform, announced a key enhancement to its enterprise DAM, Cloudinary Assets, with the addition of Studio, a new feature that allows users to quickly adapt images and video easily. Powered by AI, Studio users will benefit from more efficient media management workflows, improved collaboration, and faster time to market. With access to built-in generative AI capabilities, users can quickly remove backgrounds, add drop shadows or otherwise manipulate images and videos to suit their needs.
Cloudinary Assets users save time with the ability to define one or multiple transformations that the platform can use to instantly optimize images and videos for all channels, devices, and platforms and automatically generate variations when uploaded or on demand.
Studio brings additional workflow efficiencies to a modern DAM platform that includes:
- Automation of collaboration workflows: Cloudinary makes it easy to create and share image and video collections between internal teams and external collaborators, facilitate review and approval workflows, and navigate asset handoffs.
- Unlimited asset variations: From a single source file, users can rely on AI to automatically create an unlimited number of experience-ready assets that are optimized for performance and tailored to the specifications of each channel.
Netlify, a platform for modern web development, announced the general availability of the Netlify Software Development Kit (SDK), a suite of tools designed to provide technology partners, web development agencies, and customers with custom integration development capabilities. With Netlify SDK, development teams can custom tailor their web projects, web properties, and web architectures for their business needs. Netlify SDK brings improved productivity, flexibility, and speed-to-market to level-up enterprise development team capabilities.
Netlify SDK includes several new features for Netlify Front-End Cloud, including Build Event Handlers, API Handlers, a new Integration UI, and more, to help organizations to accelerate the migration to and evolution of composable web architectures. Netlify SDK helps enterprise development teams gain:
- Support for any content source – A standardized development process, for users to quickly spin up custom integrations that can sync to data sources.
- Improved developer productivity – Enables teams to take advantage of off-the-shelf integrations.
- Decreased time to delivery – Developers can reduce time required to get started building custom architectures and continue scaling bespoke web experiences.
- An elevated visual editing experience – Integrations with Stackbit leverage a visual editing experience easing cross-department collaboration that allows non-developers to interact with the platform.