Adobe and Box have been working together to help people from small businesses to enterprises work with PDFs stored in Box. Joint customers have been using Adobe Acrobat DC and the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open files and get work done with PDFs in Box, as well as sending documents to be signed directly from Box using Adobe Sign. Today, we’ve delivered a new solution to help make enterprise workers’ lives a bit easier, Adobe Acrobat for Box. The Adobe Acrobat for Box integration helps employees access essential PDF and e-signature workflows directly in Box. Employees can stay in the cloud and no longer need to download the file to their individual desktop. IT can flip the ‘on’ switch from the Box Admin console for employees who use Box have access.
Users will have the following capabilities directly within Box:
- View PDFs with an integrated Acrobat web viewer with search and annotation tools.
- Create PDFs that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Modify and organize existing PDFs with the available delete, reorder, and rotate capabilities.
- Combine multiple file types including PDF, Microsoft Office, image, text, and Adobe design into one that you can use for archiving or distribution.
- Export PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Send a document for signature and track its progress with Adobe Sign from the Box Recommended Apps experience, a list of curated, contextual applications that customers see whenever they preview a file in Box.
- Capture e-signatures in the Box Activity Stream, a central place to view all the activity related to a file both on Box and across all third-party applications
WordPress.com publicly launched an all-new version of its remote work collaboration tool P2 — the “secret sauce” behind Automattic‘s 15-year success as a fully distributed company, with over 1,200 employees working from 77 countries. It’s the first time that P2 has been released as a standalone product for small and large teams to collaborate. Automattic has built a refined version, which focuses on communication that is asynchronous, accessible across time zones, and allows teams to organize plans, projects, and big picture ideas, communicating across the entire company.
P2 is a companion to real-time tools like chat and videoconferencing. P2 can be used as internal blogs that move teams and organizations away from siloed email inboxes, and it helps minimize things “getting lost” in real-time chat. Teams working on any type of project together can write and post regular updates. Through comments on posts, teams can come to a consensus and decide together what to do next. They can share photos, videos, GIFs, and charts, or they can take a poll, and share quotes and summaries from the day’s work. P2 can be more broadly used as external team blogs to organize communities and events. P2 teams see updates on the web, via email notifications, and in the WordPress mobile apps. P2 is the glue that gives your team an identity and coherence. This current version of P2 is free for users, who can create as many P2 sites as they need. More premium features are coming soon.
Hyland announced Brainware Foundation, the latest release of its intelligent data extraction and text analytics software. Brainware Foundation EP1 includes enhancements to functionality, usability and security – most notably the addition of a new handwriting recognition engine. Brainware users can now opt to leverage Microsoft’s cloud OCR engine through Azure Computer Vision, an intelligent content analysis tool within the portfolio of Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services. The Microsoft engine includes advanced OCR capabilities for extracting difficult handwritten inputs, in addition to machine-printed text. Extraction can be performed in a single pass on free-form printed or scripted writing without anchors, constraint boxes, color dropout, or additional OCR/ICR engines. Other features within the Brainware Foundation EP1 release include:
- Increased license control in hosted environments: The latest version of Brainware automatically moves runtime license files to a database. This improves supportability and scalability for solutions hosted in multi-server environments. Additionally, users can configure the location, size and storage time of log files.
- Usability and security enhancements: Additional usability and security enhancements provide the ability to reclassify documents earlier in the document separation process, upgraded security and user access controls with TLS1.2, and password masking within solution configuration.
Lexalytics announced that Zignal Labs, creator of the Impact Intelligence platform for measuring the evolution of opinion in real time, has added Lexalytics Salience engine to extend its platform’s natural language processing (NLP) and text analytics capabilities to help marketers, communicators and analysts gain a greater understanding of perceptions across traditional and social media. With Lexalytics, Zignal’s customers across industries can understand what people are saying about products, services or current events, categorize discussions into separate groupings and themes, and evaluate the sentiment of media coverage across multiple languages.
Sitecore announced Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) 10 and Sitecore Experience Commerce (XC) 10. XP 10 is a digital experience platform to create efficiencies for both marketing and IT departments by delivering full container support for rapid deployment and efficient team and solution onboarding; while XC 10 provides a foundation for commerce teams with new product bundling and promotion capabilities. Sitecore Experience Platform 10 is available starting today. Sitecore Experience Commerce 10 will be available mid-August.
Sitecore Experience Platform 10
With full container support, XP 10 smooths deployment flows between environments through consistency, isolation and reproducibility. XP 10 makes collecting, analyzing and acting on enhanced customer data faster for marketers, providing deeper insights for audience segmentation to strengthen personalization capabilities across channels and grow customer loyalty. With the ability to filter analytics reports by audience segment, marketers can quickly see what content is driving engagement across different segments in order to identify personalization opportunities. Other XP 10 updates include:
- Enhanced data capabilities, coupled with ability to extend targeting with auto-personalization.
- Horizon editing interface providing in-context insights across multilingual and multisite experiences.
- Updated connector functionality to send current visitor Experience Database (xDB) information to SalesforceMarketing Cloud in real-time.
Sitecore Experience Commerce 10
XC 10 provides more tools for brands to drive higher average order value and revenue with dynamic product bundling and new promotion capabilities. For example, using the new product bundling capability, brands can sell related and complementary products and services together at one price, driving higher order value. XC 10 includes broad support for Docker, Containers, and Kubernetes so XC 10 can be deployed and maintained quickly.