Welocalize, a language service provider (LSP) announced the acquisition of Next Level Globalization (NLG), the third largest LSP in Germany. NLG, whose clients are specialized in medical devices, diagnostics, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals, doubles Welocalize’s portfolio of global brands in the life sciences sector. NLG has extensive expertise supporting highly regulated companies with language services ranging from medical translation and in-country review to regulatory consulting to software localization. Joined together, this significantly expands Welocalize’s presence in Europe, the primary hub for the life sciences industry.
Over the last 18 months, the life sciences industry has been under unprecedented pressure to accelerate how it communicates and relays information across the globe. Jointly, Welocalize and NLG will work with their clients to help them deliver a better customer experience through their intelligent workflow solutions, high quality language services, and their proprietary technology for in-country review and project submission. The acquisition of NLG is Welocalize’s 19th and its fourth within regulated industries, alongside Park IP Translations in 2012 and Nova Language Services and Global Language Solutions in 2016. The combined client portfolio will benefit from a breadth of complementary services including IP and legal translation and ISO-certified machine translation services.
https://www.welocalize.com ▪︎ https://nlgworldwide.com
Adobe announced the Adobe Analytics curriculum for education, a global program that supports the future workforce with in-demand data science skills. As part of the next generation of the Adobe Education Exchange, college instructors and students will be able to use Adobe Analytics, a customer data analytics platform, for free and get access to course curriculum with hands-on activities. Students will learn how to use data to drive business decisions and gain skills for careers spanning data science to marketing and product management.
Participants get access to a sandbox environment, which allows students to use Adobe Analytics with rich demo data. It is meant to be self-paced. instructors can pick and choose modules to incorporate. The four modules:
- Data Collection: Students learn the fundamentals of data collection, warehousing and cleaning, as well as implementation.
- Data Strategy and Architecture: Once data is collected, teams have to set up a data structure to make the data consumable across an organization.
- Standard Metrics and Functionality: Focuses on reporting and how data is presented to functions such as marketing, product development, eCommerce and design.
- Analysis Workspace Fundamentals: Provides students an opportunity to curate data, collaborate with others, produce new visualizations and uncover insights that advance business objectives.
dotCMS, a hybrid content management system, launched dotCDN, a new integrated content delivery network (CDN). dotCDN enables faster content delivery through a reliable network of intelligent edge servers across the world and uses real-time analytics based on your content and network metrics to make sure users are always served content from the most optimal edge server. dotCDN can make both traditional and headless architectures perform fast, while still allowing for fully customized, context-based experiences and omnichannel marketing campaigns. dotCDN’s capabilities:
- dotCDN includes a workflow that will automatically invalidate pages, content and assets as they are updated and published or deleted in dotCMS.
- dotCDN enables users to speed uncached requests across regions, so even content that’s not cached on the CDN is accessible.
- dotCDN offers optional edge storage which statically stores files and replicates them across 4 continents.
- dotCDN monitors your content and traffic and can offer you different routing options and optimizations.
- See the traffic your CDN is getting with graphs and figures showing Bandwidth Used, Requests Served and the Cache Hit Rate.
- dotCDN automatically monitors and stops many types of DDoS attacks.
Sinequa, a provider of Intelligent Enterprise Search announced the launch of Sinequa for Microsoft Teams. The Sinequa platform offers a single access point to surface relevant insights both from within and outside the Microsoft ecosystem. Built for Azure and Microsoft 365 customers with Teams, Sinequa has extended its search technology to Teams to help enterprises elevate productivity and enable better decision-making all in one place.
- Improve information findability. Now, employees can have a single access point to content stored within and outside the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Data and content intelligence. Data within the enterprise is largely unstructured content. The Sinequa platform ingests, analyzes, and learns from data and content, while allowing employees to use natural language to surface it quickly.
- Strengthen collaboration. Easily share content without duplication and uncover expertise without needing to know where to find it.
- Remove friction from workflows. Not all content is created equal, and every job has a very different workflow. With a 360-degree view of any topic – such as customers, products, issues, processes, and much more -employees have everything they need to make informed decisions. An advanced analytics dashboard helps provide this complete view by cross-analyzing and connecting content from diverse sources.
Appfire, a provider of apps that help teams solve challenges with digital solutions, announced the acquisition of Spartez Software. The acquisition includes the Whiteboards collaboration toolset, built to enable in-context visual communication for distributed teams. Spartez’s product portfolio also includes apps for IT Service Management, Agile, DevOps. Based in Gdańsk, Poland, Spartez was founded in 2007 and is an Atlassian Platinum Marketplace Partner with nearly 9,000 installations worldwide. Spartez’s full 35-person team will join Appfire with all four founders continuing their involvement in various roles.
Whiteboards provides a collaborative workspace for running remote creative brainstorming sessions, planning and retros, project management, stakeholder updates, within the collaboration tools that globally distributed teams already use. The Whiteboards product set includes apps for Jira and Confluence and a GitHub integration. Another of its apps, Agile Poker, facilitates backlog estimations for teams. Also part of the acquired product line is Spartez Software’s TFS4JIRA. It offers an Azure DevOps (previously known as Team Foundation Server, or TFS) integration and migration app for Jira to connect the two solutions and link relevant tasks and projects. Additionally, Spartez adds both live Chat and Canned Responses apps to Appfire’s IT Service Management offerings.
https://appfire.com ▪︎ https://spartez.com
Agility CMS, an API-first headless CMS, announced the general availability of its GraphQL API. The introduction of GraphQL supports developer productivity and enables fast, agile development of enterprise-grade websites and applications. Agility CMS launched v1 of their GraphQL API, which provides users with a GraphQL Playground Interface where they can query content from their Agility CMS Instance, using a GraphQL schema based on its defined content models. Agility CMS allows developers to use any API they choose to manipulate data, for flexibility and productivity. GraphQL is designed to make APIs flexible, fast, precise, and developer-friendly, and it’s rapidly becoming the standard for API-based data access. GraphQL ensures that developers and applications only load the relevant and absolute necessary data in a single request, even if it’s from multiple sources, which means no more over or under fetching of data. Agility CMS now supports both GraphQL and Content Fetch REST API, as well as Content Sync SDK.
Microsoft Corp. announced Windows 365, a cloud service that introduces a new way to experience Windows 10 or Windows 11 (when it becomes available) to businesses of all sizes. Windows 365 takes the operating system to the Microsoft cloud, streaming the full Windows experience — apps, data and settings — to personal or corporate devices. Windows 365 provides a secure, productive experience for workers from interns and contractors to software developers and industrial designers. Windows 365 is positioned as a new hybrid personal computing category called Cloud PC.
- With instant-on boot to their personal Cloud PC, users can stream all their applications, tools, data and settings from the cloud across any device. Windows 365 provides the full PC experience in the cloud.
- With a Cloud PC, users can log in and pick back up where they left off across devices, providing a simple and familiar Windows experience. For IT, Windows 365 also simplifies deployment, updates and management and doesn’t require virtualization experience.
- Information is secured and stored in the cloud. Always up to date and building on the of Microsoft security capabilities and baselines, and recommends the best security settings for the environment at hand.
From systems integrators to managed service providers to independent software vendors (ISVs) to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), the new Cloud PC category creates opportunity for Microsoft partners to deliver new Windows experiences in the cloud.
Widen, maker of digital asset management (DAM) and product information management (PIM) software, and Clarifai, an AI lifecycle platform provider for managing unstructured image, video, text, and audio data, announced an advancement in their partnership. Clarifai, which powers AI metadata tagging in the Widen Collective, has introduced a visual similarity search that instantly finds related images. It will enable Widen users to save time and money spent on manual DAM processes while improving their return on content investments.
In 2017, Widen and Clarifai partnered to bring AI metadata generation into the Collective. This service generates metadata faster than manual processing, at lower cost, in 53 languages. Many DAM administrators use the Clarifai platform to take the first pass on new content. This saves time and makes new content available to marketing, e-commerce, and sales teams faster. It also makes untagged stock images searchable with descriptive keywords.
Widen users can now select an asset and let the AI find visually related photos allowing users to search for images connected to a specific product category, geographic location, demographic, theme, or style. Visual similarity search surfaces assets that might not otherwise be found and published. Thus, it can improve the return on investing in content.
https://www.widen.com ▪︎ https://www.clarifai.com