Algolia, an API-First Search & Discovery platform, unveiled additional AI (artificial intelligence) models and capabilities in its Recommend Spring Release 2022. Algolia Recommend introduces AI models powered by behavioral insights. When coupled with Algolia’s fast indexing capabilities, customers are able to immediately put their most relevant and up to date content into motion for end-users. From a single dashboard, merchandisers, digital content managers, or digital business leaders can choose the model that is right for them, deploy it, and track the results. The release includes:
- Popular Trends – AI models that detects emerging trends based on users’ behavioral data as they interact with various brands, categories of products and content, and topics of interest.
- Business Rules – Low-code/no-code functionality for controlling AI and activating unique business strategies. This provides greater flexibility for category merchandisers, online retail strategists, and content specialists to generate new recommendations.
- Hybrid Recommend Engine – This is a combination of collaborative filtering algorithms and content-based filtering algorithms to increase the relevancy and accuracy of recommendations. Recommendations can be presented to users as the content-based data is indexed. Availability of behavioral information either at this initial stage or later can further help fine-tune and enrich the quality of recommendations.
Stardog, an Enterprise Knowledge Graph platform provider, unveiled Stardog 8.0, with new innovations to streamline data exploration and discovery for all citizen data users.
The new Advanced Query tool in Stardog Explorer empowers citizen data users to ask complex business questions via the semantic layer more easily. By removing the need to learn a graph query language, users can self-serve from across their enterprise data landscape. Also new in Explorer is the ability to see what’s in your Stardog database by browsing data source and virtual graph metadata in the new Stardog Data Catalog graph. Additional updates include:
- Project resources (imported CSV files and virtual graphs) can be previewed and refreshed to see updates in the data.
- Enhanced support for project collaboration through exporting, importing, and duplicating projects.
- Our new query profiler is available and shows you the query plan, allows you to interrupt slow queries, and can show you partial results.
- Error notifications now stay displayed and the error text can be copied for troubleshooting.
- A new Stardog Data Catalog graph is built from the metadata about data sources and virtual graphs within a Stardog database.
- Improved performance for querying multiple virtual graphs and SPARQL update queries.
Access Innovations, Inc., provider of Data Harmony software solutions, announced a partnership with SiteFusion ProConsult LLC, the North American joint venture of SiteFusion GmbH and EBCONT proconsult GmbH. SiteFusion’s content management system for publishers can leverage the taxonomy management and semantic metadata enrichment capabilities of Data Harmony. Workflows can be configured to instantiate an automated metadata enrichment step to make the publications or content more findable and discoverable. In addition, publishers can analyze text content and complete entity identification (people, places, things, etc.), which is important to meet governance requirements.
https://www.accessinn.com ■ https://www.sitefusion.pro
MariaDB Corporation and MindsDB, a provider of in-database machine learning tools, together announced a technology collaboration that makes machine learning predictions easy and accessible to cloud database users. By using MindsDB in SkySQL, MariaDB’s fully managed cloud database service, data science and data engineering teams can increase their organization’s predictive capabilities to plan for and address business issues. MariaDB database users will now be able to add machine learning based predictions directly into their datasets stored in SkySQL. This simplifies the task of analyzing and predicting future trends, putting machine learning capabilities into the hands of MariaDB users, no matter their role. The use cases for business predictions cut across every business function such as finance, sales, risk analysis, logistics, operations, and marketing.
https://mindsdb.com ■ https://mariadb.com/products/skysql/
SimInsights announced general availability (GA) of HyperSkill, a no-code 3D simulation software for Virtual and Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence powered training. HyperSkill was created to enable instructional designers and subject matter experts to author immersive, interactive and intelligent training content without having to learn programming or technical skills in machine learning and artificial intelligence. HyperSkill enables non-programmers to author VR/AR/AI-powered content, automatically optimize it and publish it across many devices and audiences and collect and visualize experience data for assessment and evaluation. HyperSkill has been used by customers in healthcare, manufacturing and education and has been developed with their close collaboration and feedback. HyperSkill includes:
- No-code authoring: Faster and cheaper to author compared to programming with 3D game engines
- Reusable repository: Growing public repository of XR-ready 3D assets, including virtual environments, virtual persons and virtual objects
- AI-Powered: Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer Vision to simplify authoring, enhance experiences and unlock new use cases
- Cross Platform: Author once, deliver everywhere, including emerging AR/VR headsets as well as web, desktop and mobile platforms.
- Multiplayer: Enables synchronous learning scenarios, including collaborative and instructor-led training.
HyperSkill is a SaaS (Software as a Service) product available for a free trial.
Deepnote, an early-stage startup backed by Accel and Index Ventures, launched version 1.0, opening up to the general availability of collaborative data science notebooks to data teams. Data team efficacy relies on the process of access to, exploration of, and collaboration around data—for example, when an organization needs to make a data-informed decision, it will rely on data teams to explore datasets and share insights that lead to action. This process is siloed within a single department, findings are inconsistent, and insights quickly become out of date. Deepnote makes data collaboration a reality improving three pain points of traditional data science notebooks:
- Collaboration: Sharing analysis and collaboration is as easy as sending a link because everything is hosted in a fully-managed cloud environment. Analysis is done in real-time with multiplayer mode if needed. And everything is organized and hosted in a single place.
- Connectivity: With dozens of native integrations to tools in the modern data stack—Snowflake, BigQuery, Postgres, S3, GitHub—data teams can seamlessly connect to the tools they’re already using.
- Productivity: Underserved data analysts and scientists are now equipped with productivity features—reproducibility, autocomplete, scheduling, version control—to do better work in less time.
Version 5.0 of Oxygen Content Fusion is the latest release for the collaboration platform that is designed to improve any documentation review process. Some of the most interesting features added in the latest version include a new Search side-view that enables searches throughout all files in a task, various user interface improvements that offer Content Fusion a more modern look and feel, and the ability to mention other collaborators in review comments.
The embedded visual editor that is based upon Oxygen XML Web Author technology was updated to include the new features and improvements that were added in the recently released Web Author 24.1.0. Some of its most important additions include performance optimizations for the concurrent editing feature and a new Find/Replace tab that makes it possible to see all search results without needing to scroll through the document.
Also, it is now possible for technical writers to open files sent for review directly from Oxygen XML Editor/Author to make changes or to apply a transformation scenario on the DITA map. To this end, new actions were introduced in Oxygen XML Editor/Author that enable you to open task files or the context map specified for a task.
Ontotext, an enterprise knowledge graph technology and semantic database engine provider, announced that Integral Venture Partners (Integral), a capital investment firm, announced this week that an Integral–led investment consortium has entered into a definitive agreement with our mother company Sirma Group Holding, to acquire Ontotext as a global supplier of a deep-tech enterprise software, operating in the graph databases space and the Artificial Intelligence market. The Integral-led international investment consortium also includes PortfoLion Capital Partners, the venture capital and private equity arm of OTP Bank, and Carpathian Partners, a specialized technology-focused investment platform based in London. The Consortium’s investment in excess of €30 million will be structured as a combination of a capital increase and a secondary share purchase. The transaction is not subject to any regulatory approvals and is expected to close by August 2022.
Supported by new capital, Ontotext will accelerate its international expansion and go-to-market operations, focusing on the US market. We will invest in further development of our vertical product stack — end-to-end solutions for specific industries starting with Life Sciences and Financial Services. Last but not least, we will further strengthen our position as global provider of knowledge graph technology.