IOS Press, an international publisher providing content and services for scientific, technical, and medical (STM) communities, announced the relaunch of the renewed LD Connect (Linked Data Connect) website. Providing publicly available linked machine-readable metadata from all IOS Press journals and books, LD Connect has been completely rebuilt and rebranded. Located at ld.iospress.nl, it features enhanced browse and semantic search capabilities, expanded data, and new tools. It also constructs artificial intelligence (AI)-powered embeddings derived from all full text data, further unsiloing research data and enriching contextual relationships.
By enriching and fostering the interlinking of data, contextual relationships among authors, institutions, and research areas can be visualized and interpreted and new relationships uncovered. LD Connect builds a knowledge graph using links between the data known as “triples” in the form of subject-predicate-object expressions. Constructed from metadata from all IOS Press content, the portal currently contains about 16 million triples that provide a complete ecosystem of IOS Press scholarly relationships. Affiliations are geocoded and authors as well as affiliations are disambiguated using a co-reference resolution script.
LD Connect lets users explore its knowledge graph by browsing or using expert level semantic search. In addition, the complete dataset, its subsets, and additional technical details can be explored and downloaded. The LD Connect team seeks collaboration with other datasets and parties and welcomes feedback and suggestions.
https://ld.iospress.nl ▪︎ https://www.iospress.nl
Brightcove Inc. announced the availability of Virtual Events for Business, an easy-to-use virtual event solution for highly repeatable, mid-sized events within the enterprise. Virtual Events for Business is a virtual event creation, marketing, and delivery platform designed to service the rapidly expanding number of events hosted across the enterprise. The solution offers customizable event templates, interactive calls to action, post-event archiving, multi-device support, and attendee interactivity features, as well as live clipping of event video to multiple social media channels. Additionally, Virtual Events for Business includes Zoom and Microsoft Teams integrations, and a registration connector for Cvent and user engagement analytics.
The pandemic was an accelerator and a disrupter to events of all forms. As companies moved events to a virtual setting out of need, they found business benefits in terms of higher attendance and reach, as well as the perpetuation and reuse of content, leading to greater ROI for these events. Virtual Events for Business is currently being offered as an annual subscription for new Brightcove customers, or as a platform addition for existing customers.
Informatica announced the availability of Informatica’s Cloud Data Integration Elastic (CDI-E) on Google Cloud. This enables organizations to reach greater productivity and scale. The company also announced new enhancements to Cloud Mass Ingestion, and API Management on Google Cloud as it unveils the new Intelligent Data Management Cloud. New capabilities on Google Cloud:
- Quickly build and deploy data integration pipelines with Informatica Cloud Data Integration-Elastic (CDI-E): Customers can now process very large data engineering workloads elastically via Informatica’s Intelligent Data Management Cloud on Google Cloud using Informatica’s codeless, visual, data ingestion and transformation user experience.
- Simplify large-scale data ingestion from on-premises to Google Cloud with Informatica Cloud Mass Ingestion (CMI) Service: Informatica CMI provides a wizard to ingest and replicate large amounts of data into Google Cloud from on-premises sources such as Oracle, SQL/MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, and DB2 and others. CMI supports Google Pub/Sub Model as both a source and target while supporting schema drift and ingesting streaming and IoT data for real-time analytics.
- Modernize your data, API, and application integration on Google Cloud with Informatica API Manager: Throughout the development, management, or deprecation of API’s, API Manager is designed to orchestrate complex hybrid multi-cloud systems automatically keeping track of changing capabilities and integrations with any external system.
SYSTRAN, provider of neural machine translation technology, announced a new partnership with EPIC Translations. As SYSTRAN’s partner EPIC will provide prospective clients with expert assistance in customizing SYSTRAN’s machine translation technology for organizations seeking Human-In-The-Loop (HITL) translation solutions worldwide. SYSTRAN’s partners are an extension of the team, enabling people all over the world to choose the ideal solution to address their globalized business needs. Whether it is securely in the cloud or on-premise, or in any of our 335 language and domain combinations, SYSTRAN’s team of engineers, linguistic specialists and project managers will ensure that any digital transformation language solution has the industry-specific and lexicon of terminology necessary to make clear, reliable and multidirectional translations for any global marketplace.
https://www.systransoft.com ▪︎ https://epictranslations.com/
Claravine announced The Data Standards Cloud, allowing data owners and data engineers to be able to deliver on enterprise data standards. No longer do teams need to rely solely on their data pipelines to be responsible for making sense of data. Too many teams rely on spreadsheets and ETL in an attempt to achieve data quality, which means there is no global data standard. Organizations can leverage Claravine to manage their data standards and create data integrity globally, providing consistent and quality information to optimize business outcomes.
After launching a partnership with Adobe and an integration into Adobe Experience Manager to control content data standards, Claravine now partners with the mobile measurement and deep linking platform, Branch, to bring data standardization to mobile and enable the enterprise to create, deliver and optimize mobile experiences. The Claravine and Branch integration helps mobile marketers and data teams align on the data requirements for cross-screen experiences and ensure all data is defined and connected so customer experiences work. The marketing tactics that once worked in mobile are changing with the Apple IDFA changes. As these transformations occur, Claravine’s Data Standards Cloud can provide a way for data strategies to move into the cloud for a dynamic view of data.
Fractal announced general availability of Fractal’s artificial intelligence (AI) solutions: Cuddle.ai, Concordia, and Foresient – on Amazon Web Services (AWS). With this announcement, Fractal strengthens its Cloud AI strategy to allow businesses to accelerate digital transformation using AI and analytics on the cloud. AWS’ infrastructure provides access to compute, storage & services resources that will allow Fractal’s solutions to churn & process huge data sets faster, enabling rapid deployments with high availability.
- Cuddle.ai – an augmented analytics platform that uses AI to reduce friction between business users and their data, helping accelerate the consumption of data and analytics.
- Concordia – a scalable machine learning-based data unification and harmonization platform specially designed to handle large volume and complexity of data.
- Foresient is Fractal’s AI empowered platform to forecast at high accuracy, scale and speed.
While running on AWS, clients will benefit from scalability, faster time to execution, strong technical support & high availability features. Additionally, AWS offers connectivity with high- performance cloud data warehouses like Amazon Redshift.
Arc XP announced the launch of its eCommerce platform, Arc Commerce, which equips brand marketers with the tools and capabilities to build deeper relationships with consumers through brand storytelling and drive omnichannel revenue goals. Arc XP cloud-native digital experience platform brings together headless CMS, headless commerce, and a front-end storefront experience. Arc Commerce builds on Arc’s subscriptions platform and features:
- Marketer-first design which emphasizes ease-of-use and control so marketers can build and execute on their commerce strategy without having to rely on development and design teams.
- Seamless integration that draws on the benefits of a SaaS environment, allowing large or scaling businesses to launch new commerce experiences quickly and with minimal interruption for the business.
- Merchandising capabilities like real-time inventory management, auction and bidding capabilities, sophisticated product information management (PIM) as well as a headless API that allows brands to create omnichannel B2C experiences.
- Enhanced testing and targeting for campaigns and offers, advanced audience segmentation and targeting capabilities, identity management, customer service, and a payment infrastructure that supports many different gateways for global sales.
Microsoft Corp and Nuance Communications, Inc. announced they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Microsoft will acquire Nuance for an all-cash transaction valued at $19.7 billion, inclusive of Nuance’s net debt. Mark Benjamin will remain CEO of Nuance, reporting to Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of Cloud & AI at Microsoft. The transaction is intended to close this calendar year.
Nuance is a provider of conversational AI and cloud-based ambient clinical intelligence for healthcare providers. Nuance’s products include the Dragon Ambient eXperience, Dragon Medical One and PowerScribe One for radiology reporting, all clinical speech recognition SaaS offerings built on Microsoft Azure. Nuance’s solutions work with core healthcare systems, including longstanding relationships with Electronic Health Records (EHRs), to alleviate the burden of clinical documentation and help providers deliver better patient experiences.
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nuance builds upon an existing partnership announced in 2019. By augmenting the Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare with Nuance’s solutions Microsoft will be better able to empower healthcare providers through ambient clinical intelligence and other Microsoft cloud services. Beyond healthcare, Nuance provides AI expertise and customer engagement solutions across Interactive Voice Response (IVR), virtual assistants, and digital and biometric solutions to companies in all industries. This expertise will come together with Microsoft’s cloud, including Azure, Teams, and Dynamics 365, to deliver next-generation customer engagement and security solutions.
https://news.microsoft.com/2021/04/12/microsoft-accelerates-industry-cloud-strategy-for-healthcare-with-the-acquisition-of-nuance/ ▪︎ https://www.nuance.com/