PingCAP, a developer of distributed SQL database solutions, announced the release of TiDB 7.1, the newest iteration of its open source product, with enhanced features, improved performance, and greater ease of use. TiDB powers all applications with elastic scaling, real-time analytics, and continuous data. With simplified operations and enhanced MySQL compatibility, users can better meet high customer expectations and accelerate the productivity of developers and infrastructure engineers. TiDB 7.1 allows users to:
- Stabilize business-critical workloads by giving multi-workload stability control to DB operators and significantly improving tail latencies.
- Speed up workloads with fewer resources via architectural enhancements for higher throughput, lower storage costs, and reduced scaling time.
TiDB 7.1 also makes generally available multiple enhancements and key features added in prior non-stable releases since TiDB 6.5, including:
- Multi-tenant UX – Allows operators of TiDB to set resource quotas and priority for different workloads.
- Added flexibility and speed with a multi-value index – Also known as a JSON index, a multi-value index (supported in MySQL) enables an N:1 mapping of index records to data records.
- Accelerated Time to Live (TTL) – Better performance and resource utilization by parallelizing across TiDB nodes.
- Accelerated analytics with late materialization.
SearchStax, a cloud search platform enabling web teams to deliver search in an easy and cost-effective way, announced the launch of a new program, SearchStax for Good, that provides web and mobile development teams a frictionless way to simplify the management of Apache Solr workloads in the cloud.
SearchStax for Good is designed specifically for non-profits to help eliminate both the infrastructure management problem, as well as to remove the high barrier to entry from a budgetary perspective. By offering an extended no-cost period of full-featured service, SearchStax for Good enables qualifying non-profits a way to get search infrastructure up and running immediately, without having to figure out how to re-allocate budget, or needing to first get budget approval.
Upon the initial launch of SearchStax for Good at DrupalCon Pittsburgh 2023, SearchStax for Good will offer non-profit organizations 6 months free of SearchStax Cloud Serverless, a solution that delivers fast, scalable, and cost-effective Solr, thereby giving web and product teams the ability to build quickly and scale automatically while optimizing resource utilization. After the initial six-month period ends, participating organizations can continue using the service at a 40% discounted rate.
Datometry, provider of a database virtualization solution, announced their partnership with Databricks to accelerate the transition of enterprises from classic data warehouse technology to the lakehouse. The partnership will help enterprise customers overcome the lock-in of legacy vendors.
Enterprises struggle to move their workloads off legacy data warehouses like Teradata and Oracle. Until now, the way companies moved applications off these legacy systems was to rewrite them and translate the embedded SQL with conversion tools. This approach is not only costly and time-consuming but also error-prone and poses significant risk to an organization.
Datometry has joined the Databricks Technology Partner Program to offer customers a validated integration with Databricks that overcomes the challenges of conventional migrations. With Datometry, enterprises can move their business as-is without having to rewrite or redefine application code.
Digital experience company Acquia announced enhancements to its digital asset management platform, Acquia DAM (Widen), including an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot to assist in creative workflows. The capability enhances creative collaboration across content and creative teams with an always-ready sounding board and idea generator.
AI Assistant is integrated into the comments functionality of the Acquia DAM review and proofing tool, Workflow. Using it, anyone reviewing a content proof can ask the AI assistant a question in a conversational way and get a response in seconds to help spur creativity. Examples include getting copy suggestions to improve the written aspect of a project, requesting design suggestions, getting suggestions for visuals such as images or videos, receiving suggestions based on audience segmentation such as interests or behavior, or analyzing competitors’ content to help ensure differentiation.
Acquia also released new integrations for Acquia DAM to streamline collaboration across content and marketing teams and extend the value of their content across their martech stacks. These include: Canva, Jira, Dropbox, Marq, and Salesforce.
Docugami, a document engineering company that transforms how businesses create and execute critical business documents, announced an initial integration of LlamaIndex with Docugami, via the Llama Hub.
The LlamaIndex framework provides a flexible interface between a user’s information and Large Language Models (LLMs). Coupling LlamaIndex with Docugami’s ability to generate a Document XML Knowledge Graph representation of long-form Business Documents opens opportunities for LlamaIndex developers to build LLM applications that connect users to their own Business Documents, without being limited by document size or context window restrictions.
General purpose LLMs alone cannot deliver the accuracy needed for business, financial, legal, and scientific settings because they are trained on the public internet, which introduces a wide range of irrelevant and low-quality source materials. By contrast, Docugami is trained exclusively for business scenarios, for greater accuracy and reliability.
Systems aiming to understand the content of documents, such as retrieval and question-answering, will benefit from Docugami’s semantic Document XML Knowledge Graph Representation. Our unique approach to document chunking allows for better understanding and processing of your documents
Expert.ai announced availability of the expert.ai Platform for Life Sciences. With the expert.ai Platform for Life Sciences, teams can access advanced natural language understanding capabilities, learning methodologies, 3rd-party large language models like BioBert and Bio-GPT as well as customizable pre-built knowledge models to build custom solutions.
Through a hybrid AI approach combining natural language tools, enterprise language models and machine learning, the expert.ai Platform for Life Sciences shifts the way unstructured medical and scientific data is monitored, understood, analyzed and collated. Teams can access knowledge and insights trapped in medical articles, reports, press releases, clinical research, customer/patient interactions, consent forms, etc. as well as up-to-date knowledge available based on standards like MeSH, UMLS Conditions & Interventions and IUPAR. Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences teams can:
- Confirm scientific claims against trusted public and private knowledge sources;
- Extract connections between biomedical entities in literature for in-depth causality analysis to support researchers;
- Monitor clinical trials and social media sources filtered by any combination of indication, drug, mechanism of action, sponsor, or geography to gain insight for clinical trials;
- Accelerate the quality control process of clinical and preclinical reports analysis using sensitive and proprietary data sources prior to their submission to regulatory bodies.
Ontotext announced the release of Target Discovery, an AI-powered platform that speeds the process of discovering new safe and efficient drug candidates. Target Discovery combines knowledge from public and proprietary data, AI-derived data from scientific publications, patents and clinical trials. It also features analytics for target identification and selection that medical or scientific experts without technical skills. Knowledge graph technology can lower the cost and shorten the time for semantic data integration. It also brings in a new level of insights on top of highly connected data and provides normalized quality data for supporting AI analysis. Benefits include:
- Target Discovery stays up-to-date with the newest discoveries by automatically extracting knowledge from more than 80 million documents, including patents and clinical trials.
- Target Discovery combines all required data, whether public or proprietary, AI-derived or structured in one place. Information is updated regularly and includes a selections from AlphaFold, Open Targets, EMBL.
- One can quickly gain an overview of a disease or target with customizable visual analytics and dashboards over any type of data and source.
- Hidden relationships can be easily uncovered in a network of over 5 billion facts with advanced graph algorithms.
- Transparent insight provenance and evidence.
RWS, a provider of technology-enabled language, content and intellectual property services, announced the launch of its next major release of Tridion, RWS’s intelligent multilingual content management system. The platform combines web content, structured content and headless delivery in a single solution, for organizations with heavy content demands.
The new platform helps clients to better orchestrate the creation, management, translation and delivery of content to any digital touchpoint across the customer journey. It means that customers, employees and partners can expect a consistent experience, in their own language, on any device or channel. Includes:
- Headless Delivery – fine-grained access to content components and semantic modeling of headless content.
- Content Discovery – now also natively provides additional content services such as intelligent content recommendations.
- Content Security – further modernized features for access management, authentication and audit trails.
- User Experience and Workflow –simplified and aligned with daily user tasks with a direct impact on productivity for both web content and long-form structured content.
- Content Globalization – further streamlined translation workflows integrated with RWS’s translation technology.
Tridion Docs 15, Tridion Sites 10, an updated version of Tridion Dynamic Experience Delivery (DXD) and new embedded version of Fonto for structured content authoring, will be available in July 2023.