Zoho Corporation announced Zoho Workplace, a single software platform that brings together collaboration, productivity, and communications tools and integrates them into other business processes. Centered around a business mail and cloud office suite, Zoho Workplace includes nine applications, built on a common data model and unified through common search and AI across one dashboard. New capabilities of Zoho Workplace include:
- Mail (Business Mail) – Users can now make audio or video calls from within the app, edit document attachments in Zoho Writer. Mail includes a control panel with eDiscovery, Backup and Recovery.
- Cliq (Messaging) – Users can check in or check out and set custom statuses and collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Meeting (Conferencing) – Now supporting 16 languages, Meeting is integrated with Zoho Projects, Bookings, CRM, and others.
- Connect (Social Intranet) – Connect integrates with human resource information systems, including Zoho People.
- Writer (Word Processing) – Users can convert documents to fillable forms, restrict comment visibility, and enable an AI-based writing assistant.
- Show (Collaborative Presenting) – Show is integrated with Atlassian, Unsplash, and Humaans, and features an organization-wide slide library and data linking.
- Sheet (Spreadsheet) – Sheet enables users to track changes while collaborating, convert images to spreadsheets, and bring contextual data from both Zoho and non-Zoho applications.
- Workdrive (Cloud Document Management) – WorkDrive now features unified search and TrueSync.
Pricing starts at $3/user/month for the Standard version and $6/user/month for the Professional version.
ThoughtSpot launched ThoughtSpot 6.2 to help enterprises connect, share, and utilize insights faster. New features include DataFlow, Embrace for SAP and Teradata, and improvements in user experience, data exploration, and data loading. ThoughtSpot’s search and AI-driven analytics platform was designed to unlock insights for employees at every level of an organization, from frontline employee to C-suite executive. Features include:
- Answer Explorer 2.0: Leverages AI to guide users to unasked questions and new insights for which they would not have thought to look, automatically curating suggestions, recommended additional searches, and unexpected anomalies or trends insights directly in a pinboards, charts, and answers. Built in machine learning continuously improves Answer Explorer, tailoring insights for users.
- DataFlow: DataFlow makes it easier to bring data into Falcon, ThoughtSpot’s in-memory database, through a no code point and click UX, enabling enterprises to utilize search and AI-driven analytics even for data sources too slow to run search queries directly.
- Embrace Expansions: ThoughtSpot Embrace is now available for both Teradata and SAP HANA, allows users to run search and AI-driven analytic inquiries directly in these databases without the need to move or cache any data. Improved user experience makes it to connect Embrace directly to Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure Synapse, SAP HANA, and Teradata.
- API-Powered Bulk Load Connector: A new API-based feature enables the smooth and secure transfer of data to Falcon, ThoughtSpot’s in-memory database, by allowing users to load data in bulk from ETL tools and custom programs.
- Caffeine for Advanced Data Caching: Caffeine gives users the freedom to choose which pinboards are pre-cached and when, allowing them to optimize the performance of the most important pinboards.
- Scriptability Support for Worksheet Filters: Worksheets with filters can be exported and imported to the same environment or between environments.
- Improved Visualizations: ThoughtSpot’s high cardinality charts now accommodate up to 35,000 data values, an increase from 1,000 previously. The high cardinality chart legend limit has also increased from 40 items to 250 items, giving pinboard creators the ability to display much richer data for their users.
- Data Compression: New in-memory data compression makes it possible to leverage more data without increasing storage, reducing costs as organizations scale their data footprint.
Current ThoughtSpot customers will have access to ThoughtSpot 6.2 today.
Synacor, Inc. unveiled its Zimbra Cloud collaboration suite for small and medium businesses and prosumers, via Zimbra Gold Partner XMission, at ZimbraCloud.com. Zimbra Cloud is based on the Zimbra platform. Zimbra Cloud is designed to improve productivity and effectiveness by supporting multiple collaboration modalities from a single, familiar, email-centric workspace. It allows users to toggle between tools like videoconferencing, file sharing, cloud storage, calendaring and chat, right from email. At $2.95 per mailbox per month and a 30-day free trial, the Zimbra Cloud SaaS offering is aimed to meet demand for secure and robust email and collaboration for less than other vendors. Zimbra Cloud features an easy-to-use interface, admin tools, customer support and domain registration from XMission, integrations with apps like Dropbox, Zoom, Slack, Jitsi and Webex, and is instantly available at ZimbraCloud.com. It is available via a web client and supports third-party clients like MS Outlook, MacOS Mail, iOS Mail and Android Mail. Admin tools include domain, user, distribution list and billing management.
Arria NLG introduced Arria for Excel, a Microsoft Office add-in that brings natural language generation (NLG) functionality to users of Microsoft Excel. Arria for Excel gives you the ability to instantly narrate Excel spreadsheets and export directly to Word or PowerPoint, and adds natural-language summaries and report automation within the worksheet, turning volumes of data into narratives. Users can tailor narratives to specific audiences, providing contextual commentary and explanatory analyses like those created by subject matter experts. Arria augments existing Excel workflows with:
- Consistency and accuracy. A next-generation report writer that dynamically automates data-driven financial summaries.
- Timeliness of reporting. Financial reports can now be published quickly after the end of the reporting period.
- Team sharing. Provides insightful information delivery across the enterprise.
Qumu released a new functionality extension for Zoom. Available at no charge as part of all existing Zoom corporate licensing plans, the app allows Qumu and Zoom enterprise clients to stream live events exceeding 100,000 attendees—with no loss of video quality and no negative effect on internal networks. The app is called Qumu Stream, Record and Manage, and is available now in the official Zoom Marketplace.
Qumu Stream, Record and Manage is designed specifically for organizations looking to deliver video events securely and at scale. Once the Qumu app is installed, streaming can either be initiated automatically or via a button click directly in the Zoom interface. The extension also supports global attendee bases, unlimited presenters and any browser-based end-user device—as well as virtual event management features like event registration, transcription, translation, user analytics, compliance tracking and attendee reporting.