Acquia announced major updates to Acquia Code Studio, a full stack Drupal development platform. A part of Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP), Acquia Code Studio provides developers with the tools to plan, build, review, test, deploy, and measure Drupal applications. New updates integrate Code Studio with the Acquia Cloud Platform UI, reducing effort during the procurement and configuration processes.
Developers can now manage their Code Studio seats from the platform in a User Management screen, assign Acquia account users to their Code Studio seats, grant and set roles for their users, and un-assign and reassign seats. Developers can automatically provision Code Studio projects from the platform UI, and see links on their Acquia Cloud environments to the corresponding branch in Code Studio. Features include:
- AutoDevOps: Automatically build, test, and deploy Drupal applications with Acquia Code Studio managed continuous integration pipelines.
- Automatic Updates: Automatically updates Composer packages, replaces deprecated custom code, and submits those changes for users to review in a Merge Request with a dedicated review environment.
- Powered by GitLab: In partnership with GitLab, Acquia hosts and manages a version of GitLab that is customized for Drupal and Acquia developers on the company’s next-generation infrastructure.
At this weeks Adobe Max event Adobe announced new automation and collaboration features across Adobe Creative Cloud and the Adobe product portfolio, helping small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) modernize workflows in creativity and productivity.
Creative Cloud now enables SMBs to move between interoperable apps, leverage the best tool for each task and access fonts and stock photo, illustration, video and 3D assets within the apps:
- Adobe Express enables easy creation of impactful social media posts based upon thousands of templates, which can be customized within the app or accessed within Adobe Fonts for blank canvas testing.
- Share for Review (beta) allows users to share a version-specific link to a Photoshop or Illustrator file, then automatically flow reviewers’ comments back into the app.
- AI powered by Adobe Sensei delivers new capabilities across Creative Cloud, simplifying and automating repetitive tasks.
New capabilities for SMBs across Document Cloud and Experience Cloud, including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Commerce and Adobe Marketo Engage:
- Adobe Acrobat introduced free web-based watermarking, cropping, redaction, OCR, stamping, certifying and page numbering tools to take actions on documents.
- Adobe Commerce enables incorporation of Walmart’s, PayPal’s and FedEx’s enterprise-grade solutions, enabling an omnichannel customer experience.
- Adobe Marketo Engage adds a new, entry-level automation package that helps SMBs automate and scale their marketing efforts.
Grammarly announced the general availability of the Grammarly Text Editor SDK (software development kit). The first offering from Grammarly for Developers, the Text Editor SDK enables integration of Grammarly’s AI communication assistance into any web or desktop application. The SDK makes it easy to integrate Grammarly’s writing suggestions so end users feel confident in their communication. The release also includes new feature such as Tone detector, Autocomplete, Analytics dashboard, and Theming.
Grammarly for Developers offers an openly accessible, self-serve free plan, or developers can request access to two usage-based paid plans:
- Free: Delivers unlimited grammar, punctuation, and spelling suggestions
- Starter: Everything in Free plus the option to remove user prompts encouraging registration with their own Grammarly account
- Plus: Everything in Starter plus Grammarly’s advanced features, including autocomplete, clarity-focused rewrites, and feedback on tone, engaging word choice, and inclusive language.
Santa Cruz Software, provider of software for cross media content publishing, announced a new version of their DAM connector LinkrUI will now enable Digital Asset Manager (DAM) syncing for three Microsoft Office applications. Currently available only via DAM reselling partners, Microsoft Office functionality with LinkrUI is now compatible for applications Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel.
LinkrUI enables direct searching, opening, placing and synchronizing of digital assets stored in a DAM system or other storage services, such as Box and Dropbox. The new version of LinkrUI automatically synchronizes assets between Microsoft Office applications and the DAM or storage service to ensure that everyone in an organization can find and work on the latest version.
LinkrUI started as an extension to Adobe applications, providing an in-app panel link between creative applications and the DAM or cloud storage service. The premium version of LinkrUI adds compatibility for Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects and includes additional features like live filtering and Smart-Linkr, which finds and fixes broken asset links automatically. Microsoft Office compatibility is only available in the premium version. LinkrUI for Microsoft Office is currently only available from resellers. A retail version will be announced at a later date.
Progress announced the latest release of its developer tools portfolio, including Progress Telerik, Progress Kendo UI and Progress Telerik Test Studio. With today’s R3 2022 release, Progress introduced Progress ThemeBuilder Pro, enabling developers and designers to implement design systems more seamlessly in web applications, delivering a greater level of design consistency without manual coding work. The company also announced advanced capabilities for development frameworks including Blazor, .NET MAUI, Angular and React to help developers build consistent, high-quality and accessible UI.
Now available for Progress Telerik UI for Blazor, Progress Kendo UI for Angular and Progress KendoReact, ThemeBuilder Pro enables developers and designers to create their own design system in a visual interface, starting with Material, Bootstrap or Fluent design, and when done, implement this design system via their UI components, across web applications. They can make edits to themes in a visual UI without the need to go into the code.
The Telerik and Kendo UI R3 2022 release is available today.
Acquia announced new capabilities for Acquia DAM (previously Widen), Channel Portals. They allow businesses to easily create and share branded, secure, and up-to-date digital product catalogs with individual partners to accelerate sales and ensure products are accurately represented in the market.
In-store displays, sales conversations, email promotions, and websites all require current product content. Channel Portals makes it easier for a business user to filter down a product catalog to the information and assets each group needs to market and sell the products, and then share it in an portal. Channel Portals removes the need for ad hoc spreadsheet exports and zip files of images, videos, and PDFs.
Using Channel Portals, sales teams can access product details for training purposes or create a custom portal for each dealer and distributor channel, exclusively featuring their organization’s branding, including logo, font, and colors. Customers can embed Channel Portals into a webpage or share them via a link, made public or password-protected.
In addition, Acquia released task management for product enrichment, which extends Acquia DAM’s product information management (PIM) capabilities. Task management for product enrichment allows product managers to automatically delegate tasks for writers, marketers, and creatives as new products are added to the system.
TransPerfect, provider of language and technology solutions for global business, announced that it has acquired UK-based Sterling Technology, a European provider of VDR (virtual data room) solutions for secure sharing of content, business process automation, and collaboration for high-stakes dealmaking. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Sterling’s VDR solutions enable seamless file sharing and content collaboration among all participants, increasing productivity and accelerating deal timelines while delivering security and end-to-end support. The company has helped users from over 187 countries and 90 industries complete thousands of deals. With offices in seven major European financial centers, Sterling delivers service on the most critical transactions for the M&A, corporate development, real estate, capital markets, private capital, banking, and legal communities.
Sterling will continue to be led by CEO Geoff Keating, who, along with the rest of the company’s leadership, will join TransPerfect’s senior management team. Keating has served as CEO since 2008 and has led the company’s ascent to its position both before and after its separation from Sterling Financial Print.
https://www.transperfect.com ■ https://www.sterlingvdr.com
Foxit, a provider of PDF and eSignature products and services, helping knowledge workers increase their productivity with documents, announced integration of the Foxit PDF Editor cloud platform into Microsoft Teams and Office 365, providing users with new ways to collaborate on PDF documents. Features include:
- High-quality PDF Viewing – Experience quality viewing of high-fidelity PDF documents shared within your Microsoft Teams channel without downloading the PDF document to your device and without leaving the Microsoft Teams application.
- Accelerated Document Reviews – Efficiently and quickly collect channel members’ feedback on shared PDF documents within the Microsoft Teams application instead of downloading PDF documents, adding a review, and attaching the document again.
- Increased Document Activity Visibility – View other team members’ comments when they take action on your documents and also when others reply to comments.
- Secure Document Review – Collaborate securely on documents with trusted members who have access to the Microsoft 365 platform and retain the ability to store document versions to OneDrive.
- High-quality PDF Creation – Allows Microsoft Office 365 users to convert Office 365 documents (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to a high-quality PDF, and the option to save to OneDrive or download the document .