Agility CMS, an API-first headless CMS, announced the general availability of its GraphQL API. The introduction of GraphQL supports developer productivity and enables fast, agile development of enterprise-grade websites and applications. Agility CMS launched v1 of their GraphQL API, which provides users with a GraphQL Playground Interface where they can query content from their Agility CMS Instance, using a GraphQL schema based on its defined content models. Agility CMS allows developers to use any API they choose to manipulate data, for flexibility and productivity. GraphQL is designed to make APIs flexible, fast, precise, and developer-friendly, and it’s rapidly becoming the standard for API-based data access. GraphQL ensures that developers and applications only load the relevant and absolute necessary data in a single request, even if it’s from multiple sources, which means no more over or under fetching of data. Agility CMS now supports both GraphQL and Content Fetch REST API, as well as Content Sync SDK.
Day: July 14, 2021
Microsoft Corp. announced Windows 365, a cloud service that introduces a new way to experience Windows 10 or Windows 11 (when it becomes available) to businesses of all sizes. Windows 365 takes the operating system to the Microsoft cloud, streaming the full Windows experience — apps, data and settings — to personal or corporate devices. Windows 365 provides a secure, productive experience for workers from interns and contractors to software developers and industrial designers. Windows 365 is positioned as a new hybrid personal computing category called Cloud PC.
- With instant-on boot to their personal Cloud PC, users can stream all their applications, tools, data and settings from the cloud across any device. Windows 365 provides the full PC experience in the cloud.
- With a Cloud PC, users can log in and pick back up where they left off across devices, providing a simple and familiar Windows experience. For IT, Windows 365 also simplifies deployment, updates and management and doesn’t require virtualization experience.
- Information is secured and stored in the cloud. Always up to date and building on the of Microsoft security capabilities and baselines, and recommends the best security settings for the environment at hand.
From systems integrators to managed service providers to independent software vendors (ISVs) to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), the new Cloud PC category creates opportunity for Microsoft partners to deliver new Windows experiences in the cloud.
This week we have articles by Prukalpa Sankar, and James G. Kobielus, with news from Aquia, Primer, Monotype, Lighthouse, Zoom and Sensory.
Opinion / Analysis
Metadata is nothing new for most of you, though it’s likely your experience with it is in the context of a specific business function with similar data types and sources. But the value of metadata extends to data processing applications across organizations, and these days cross-application metadata is becoming a requirement. Our two authors this week have very different professional backgrounds, but both are addressing how to manage this complexity. As you’ll see, knowledge graphs have a critical role in each their recommendations.
The rise of the metadata lake
Introducing a new way of storing metadata for today’s limitless use cases like data discovery, lineage, observability and fabrics.
The role of ontologies within unified data models
Before tackling the complexity of disparate data sources, you need to understand how semantic abstraction layers can save you from a world of pain.
- Sad but true… Sorry publishers, but your digital products suck
- Predictable, but a fun story/example… The AI wolf that preferred suicide over eating sheep
- AI brain-computer interface turns mental handwriting to text “in real time … 90 characters per minute”
- German government bodies urged to remove their Facebook Pages before next year to be “role models” in matters of legal compliance.
Content technology news
Primer launches Primer Engines for NLP
An integrated suite of industrial-grade NLP models that bring machine learning (ML) to mission-critical operations at any organization.
Acquia announces updates to digital experience platform
Includes support for the employee experience, a new China hosting service and a newly integrated user interface for Marketing Cloud.
Lighthouse to acquire H5
Puts Lighthouse in the document review space with search, analytics technology and experts to help clients find & classify sensitive documents.
Monotype announces iType 6.0
Brings scalable type and multilingual font display to embedded environments such as automotive and other consumer electronics manufacturers.
Zoom releases edge speech recognition by Sensory
Zoom-native voice commands support expanded functionality, with all voice commands being processed locally, not in the cloud.
The Gilbane Advisor is curated by Frank Gilbane for content technology, computing, and digital experience professionals. The focus is on strategic technologies. We publish recommended articles and content technology news weekly. We do not sell or share personal data.