Obie announced the launch of its new browser extension to democratize access to Obie’s core search, access, and knowledge sharing functionality. They also launched Personal Pro and Personal Free plans that decouple Obie’s search functionality from Slack for the first time to expand availability for individuals and remote teams. Obie uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand complex queries, as well as machine learning (ML) to improve results with every document search. Users can also manually add “FAQs” to store templates, text snippets, and frequently accessed information by simply highlighting the information in their browser and adding it to Obie.
Ontotext (OT) and Semantic Web Company (SWC) announced a strategic partnership to meet the requirements of enterprise architects such as deployment, monitoring, resilience, and interoperability with other enterprise IT systems and security. Users will be able to work with a feature-rich toolset to manage a graph composed of billions of edges that is hosted in data centers around the world. The companies have implemented an integration of the PoolParty Semantic SuiteTM v.8 with the GraphDB and Ontotext Platform, which offers benefits for numerous use cases:
- GraphDB powering PoolParty: Most of the knowledge graph management tools out there bundle open-source solutions that are good at managing thousands of concepts, whereas PoolParty bundled with GraphDB manages millions of concepts and entities—without extra deployment overheads.
- PoolParty linked to high-availability GraphDB cluster: GraphDB can now be used as an external store for PoolParty, which offers a combination of performance, scalability and resilience. This is particularly relevant for organizations intent on developing tailor-made knowledge graph platforms integrated into their existing data and content management infrastructure.
- Dynamic text analysis using big knowledge graphs: PoolParty can be used to edit big knowledge graphs in order to tune the behavior of Ontotext’s text analysis pipelines, which employ vast amounts of domain knowledge to boost precision. This way the power and comprehensiveness of generic off-the-shelf natural language processing (NLP) pipelines can be custom-tailored to an enterprise.
- GraphQL benefits for PoolParty: Application developers can now access the knowledge graph via GraphQL to build end-user applications or integrate knowledge graph services with the functionality of existing systems. Ontotext Platform uses semantic business objects, defined by subject matter experts and business analysts, to generate GraphQL interfaces and transform them into SPARQL.
ProQuest is improving the accessibility of subscription and open access content on its platform with a series of enhancements designed to boost research, teaching and learning outcomes. These enhancements include:
- A new starting point for research: Now, users can begin their search from the open web by visiting search.proquest.com. Through their search results, they’ll be delivered straight to the resources their library subscribes to.
- New preview feature: Users can search, find and preview the content of nearly a billion ProQuest documents directly from the open web for better discoverability.
- Broader discovery of open access content: Researchers can access an ever-expanding universe of scholarly full-text open access sources directly – all indexed and delivered with the same level of quality and precision as ProQuest’s subscription content.
These enhancements are now live, with no action required by libraries or their users to activate. They’re part of ProQuest’s larger, ongoing initiative to add value to its solutions, expand pathways to access and help libraries increase usage of their resources.
Doctor Evidence (DRE) has updated their newly launched DOC Analytics (“Digital Outcome Conversion”) platform with network meta-analysis (NMA) capabilities. DOC Analytics provides immediate quantitative insights into the universe of medical information using artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) and natural language processing (NLP). With the addition of indirect treatment comparison and landscape analysis using NMA, DOC Analytics is a critical, daily-use tool for strategic functions in life sciences companies. DOC Analytics allows users to conduct analyses comprised of real-time results from clinical trials, real-world evidence (RWE), published literature, and any custom imported data to yield insightful direct meta-analysis, network-meta analysis, cohort analysis, or bespoke statistical outputs. Analyses are informed by AI/ML and can be made fit-to-purpose with filters for demographics, comorbidities, sub-populations, inclusion/exclusion selections, and other relevant parameters.
Newgen Software, a global provider of low code digital automation platform for managing content, processes, and communication, announced it has launched an enhanced version of its document classification service for enabling the high-volume document-handling environment. Intelligent Document Classifier 1.0 allows users to gain hidden insights by classifying documents, based on structural features and/or textual features. It uses machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), to enable layout- and content-based document classification. Organizations can leverage the solution to automatically classify various documents such as sales/purchase orders, enrollment and claim forms, legal documents, mailroom documents, contracts, correspondences, and others. This helps ensure important information is available thereby reducing risks and costs associated with manual document management.
Key features include:
- Image Classification – Allows users to automatically classify images using neural networks and deep learning algorithms based on structural features
- Content Classification – Enables document classification based on content, in the absence of structural features
- Trainable Machine Learning – Auto-learns definitions and features of a document class and creates a trained model
- Admin Dashboard – Generates analytics reports for a 360-degree view of the process
- Integration Capabilities – Facilitates easy integration with core business applications, content management platforms, and document capture applications