Google Cloud has announced BigQuery Omni, a multi-cloud analytics solution that enables customers to bring the capability of BigQuery to data stored in Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure (coming soon). Part of Google Cloud‘s Anthos, BigQuery Omni will allow customers to connect directly to their data across Google Cloud, AWS and Azure for analysis without having to move or copy datasets. Through a single user interface, customers will be able to analyze data in the region where it is stored, providing a unified analytics experience. Anthos is a hybrid and multi-cloud application platform that provides a consistent development and operations experience for cloud and on-premises environments. Anthos ensures a secure and connection between Google Cloud and the other public clouds, so customers can securely run analytics with a fully-managed infrastructure. Today, BigQuery Omni is available in Private Alpha for AWS S3, with Azure support coming soon. BigQuery Omni supports Avro, CSV, JSON, ORC, and Parquet. If companies are interested to try out BigQuery Omni, they can the Google Cloud blog for a technical deep dive.
CHILI publisher and Sitecore joined forces to optimize the content creation process and centralize all marketing assets from different management systems with Sitecore Content Hub. CHILI publisher, the online editing software for artwork and marketing material creation, turns original designs based on these assets into Smart Templates. These documents can be edited and repurposed by any user within Sitecore Content Hub into brand-compliant print or digital visuals.
Sitecore Content Hub integrates with different content sources (DAM, ERP, PLM, CRM, …) within a company and centralizes key content into one channel that acts as a single source of truth for asset collection and distribution. By maximizing the content lifecycle, users can reuse and repurpose existing content while scaling the creation of new content. CHILI publisher runs on Smart Templates that convert source files via plug-ins into editable documents. The Smart Templates define the content or brand constraints, allow variables (sizes, visuals, text,…), add extra data, and contain template intelligence, enabling users to generate multichannel content. Smart Templates work with content blocks (snippets) that allow users to change files on a granular level to generate any –“ization” they want, like localization, regionalization, customization. Various users from different divisions within any company can create content visuals that are safe, integrated, updated, and stored centrally.
Monsido, a provider of web governance solutions that enhance user experience, today announced the launch of their Data Privacy module. The new module will allow Monsido customers to automate the management of their websites’ personal data by scanning their domains and identifying potential privacy issues.
With global privacy regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the United States in place, organizations need to be more vigilant with the personal data they collect, process, and store on their websites. It is crucial that organizations take proactive measures like implementing data protection and management software to help guide them through the various regulations. Monsido’s Data Privacy module enables web and compliance teams to:
- Automatically discover and classify sensitive information present on websites such as banking details, passport numbers, medical information, and more
- Customize scans based on existing data privacy standards like the GDPR, CCPA, and the Australian Privacy Act (The Privacy Act 1988)
- Prioritize potential issues by identifying the level of risk associated with the different data on websites
- Prove efforts to comply with data privacy standards to the authorities through audit logs and a history center
Altova announced the release of MobileTogether 7.0, its low code app development framework. This latest version introduces a new debugger for testing and troubleshooting app behavior during development, as well as numerous new tools for defining controls, actions, and UI refinements. The new debugger in MobileTogether Designer offers developers full-featured debugging of both the execution flow of event handlers and operations AND the results of XPath/XQuery functions called during execution. The ability to test and debug apps with precision and immediately understand any app behavior – all directly inside the low-code design environment – enables developers to make a rapid app development process faster.
Highlights of the new features in version 7.0 include:
- All new debugger
- Overwriting Control Template styles and actions at any instance
- New Update Variable action
- Additional scroll-to options
- Support for new units: dp/sp
- Additional pre-defined button looks
- Padding settings for table rows/columns
- Edit Fields – new option to trigger control actions after time interval
- Support for Android 1
Cortical.io announced a new release of Cortical.io Contract Intelligence, an AI-based solution for enterprises that need to review and manage a large corpus of contracts and other legal documents. Cortical.io Contract Intelligence utilizes its natural language understanding (NLU) to automatically extract, classify and analyze relevant information in documents. Cortical.io Contract Intelligence 4.0 now incorporates semantic search to enable the search of an entire database or individual documents.
Other features in Cortical.io Contract Intelligence 4.0 are integration with other Business Intelligence solutions and workflow improvements. These include:
- A dashboard to enable specialists to manage and track the review progress.
- Task assignment for specialists to assign documents and annotation or review tasks to individual subject matter experts.
- Built-in OCR capabilities to detect scanned pdf files and convert them into machine-readable files capable of being annotated.
- Sophisticated table extraction to parse and extract information from tables regardless of the row/column format in the PDF document.
- Active assistance that includes inline messages pop up to guide users when creating new annotations.
Cortical.io Contract Intelligence is available immediately as a stand-alone application or can be integrated into a workflow through the use of REST APIs. The product can be delivered on-premises, in a private cloud or a public cloud. Cortical.io also is partnering with integration partners and other product solution vendors. The solution is licensed on an annual basis and includes maintenance and support.