AtScale, a provider of semantic layer solutions for modern business intelligence and data science teams, announced deeper integration with Microsoft Excel’s advanced analytic functions. AtScale makes it possible to connect Excel workbooks to live cloud data platforms, including Snowflake, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Databricks. Excel users can work with data without extracting or moving data. Leveraging native MDX (Multi-Dimensional Expression) integration, the AtScale semantic layer is accessible with Excel PivotTables, Slicers, and Cell Definitions. New support includes the ability to work with cell-level CUBE functions for embedding dimensional queries directly in cell formulas. Capabilities include:
- Native Connection – AtScale’s MDX-based connector lets Excel users access models and data through a semantic layer, with no additional drivers or client-side software. AtScale shields data consumers from the raw data structures and cloud access.
- Performant Access to Live Cloud Data – Data requests through AtScale’s semantic layer are directed in real time to underlying cloud data platforms, with no need for extracts or pre-processing of data.
- Analytics Governance and Security – Supports Excel’s single sign-on with Active Directory / LDAP integration.
- Automatic Data Refresh – Supports Excel’s automatic data refresh to avoid stale data and the need to manually copy and paste raw data.
Progress announced the availability of Progress Sitefinity DX 14.0. The platform allows organizations to create a digital experience platform (DXP) tailored to their unique needs and objectives with new capabilities for low-code integration and chat-driven engagement, as well as enhanced headless content delivery.
Sitefinity DX 14.0:
- Execute strategic, data-driven marketing – Create and execute marketing campaigns that are informed by interaction history via comprehensive touchpoint attribution modeling.
- Capitalize channels with multichannel experience management – With the hybrid content management capabilities of Sitefinity DX, comprising its headless content-as-a-service API framework, marketers can execute a consistent and personalized experiences. Organizations can incorporate Progress’ AI-driven chatbot platform, NativeChat, into their Sitefinity experiences.
- Boost efficiency through simplified system integration with low-code tools – Automate marketing operations and reduce implementation efforts through expanded connectivity between the systems. Leverage simplified workflows, service hooks, and low-code integration with components of existing tech stacks.
- Scale global content and campaign delivery – Deliver content across channels with enhanced content synchronization capabilities. Improve content governance for multisite experiences across business departments with multisite user group management.
- Gain a competitive edge by ensuring delivery of a smooth page experience – Optimize SEO rankings, user engagement and conversion with dedicated, out-of-the-box support for the newest Google Page Experience requirements.
GatherContent, a Content Operations platform announced that it has added and deepened integrations to help customers streamline their MarTech stack experience. New integrations include Gatsby and Netlify, and deepened integrations include Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Drupal, Slack, Vercel and Zapier.
GatherContent allows customers to seamlessly integrate the product with their technology stack through integrations, API, and headless capabilities. This gives companies flexibility when it comes to multi-channel publishing, and connecting GatherContent to production and project management workflows.
Bloomreach announced it has launched Automatic Query Filtering (AQF), a new product feature within its AI-powered search and merchandising module, Bloomreach Discovery. In an e-commerce site’s typical product search, results are often imprecise (though still relevant) by design in order to give customers the opportunity to explore products they would not otherwise see. When a merchandising team needs to take a different approach and apply precision for specific business goals, they can now use AQF.
AQF helps businesses cut through noisy search results that are generated when customers search for products with specific attributes such as color, size, or brand. It allows merchandisers to pre-filter products on the results page based on these attributes, delivering more precise search results and shortening the time it takes for shoppers to find the product they want.
Utilizing AQF, a retail company could ensure searches for a red dress, for example, only result in red dresses — without the shopper needing to pick “red” from an additional selection of filters. An automotive company would be able to ensure a search for “2015 Toyota Corolla brake pads” only offers customers results that match each of those attributes.
Couchbase, Inc. announced the availability of Couchbase Server 7. This release bridges the best aspects of relational databases like ACID transactions with the flexibility of a modern database.
Customers can execute business transactions within their customer-facing applications, develop customer 360 data models and applications, and execute plans to modernize relational-based applications to the cloud. Development teams can more easily make the transition from relational databases to Couchbase’s modern database without needing to re-train team members as the platform supports the programming languages they already use. Highlights:
- Eliminating of database sprawl by adding mature SQL transaction capabilities. Customers no longer need both a relational database and a NoSQL database. Couchbase now has multi-statement SQL transactions by fusing together transactions and high-volume interactions.
- Enabling runtime updates with zero downtime through a dynamic data containment model. Couchbase Server 7 introduces schema and table-like organizing structures, called “scopes and collections,” within the schemaless database. With Couchbase Server 7 can customers add a table (the “collection”) in Couchbase, while transactions are happening without having to add or modify the schema (the “scope”) or take down the database for this upgrade.
- Faster operational performance that lowers the total cost of ownership facilitated by collection-level processing of data access, partitioning and index isolation.
The company’s Version 5.12, brings together a range of components that essentially creates what officials called a “step over the threshold” from Datadobi’s DobiMigrate — a data migration solution — and DobiProtect (data protection) and into a complete data mobility engine that can address the scale and challenges inherent in large storage environments. The goal of the vendor-neutral data mobility engine is to give enterprises the means for managing unstructured data including images, videos, audio, emails, texts, social media content, spreadsheets, streaming data, and data from Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
Databobi engineers reworked the file access layer, enabling the engine’s NFS and SMB file access layers to focus on data copying and file system integrity verification in both the data center and the cloud, which tend to house products from myriad vendors. They used low-level optimizations in the NFS and SMB stack to drive more efficient data and metadata processing through pipelining of the protocol communication and parallelizing file access workloads across multiple servers. The engine comes with what the company dubs its Integrity Enforcement Technology layer, a chain-of-custody technology that makes vendor-neutral data mobility more reliable and improves the preservation of data and metadata integrity.
https://datadobi.com — (via Enterprise Storage Forum)
Solo.io, a modern API infrastructure company delivering application networking from the edge to service mesh, announced the general availability of the company’s API gateway based on Envoy Proxy, Gloo Edge 1.8, which is bundled with Gloo Portal 1.0, a full-feature developer portal for API management to catalog and share APIs. Both products are part of Solo.io’s Gloo API Infrastructure Platform, which allows organizations to transform to a cloud-native application architecture by connecting application services, service meshes, clusters, and clouds. Gloo Edge 1.8 includes:
- Support for SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)/XSLT: Additional XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) 3.0 support to modernize SOAP/XML clients and endpoints without eliminating SOAP from the web service portfolio.
- Helm usability improvements: To define, set up, and configure applications and expose values in Helm, a CNCF project for users to define, install, and upgrade Kubernetes applications.
- Improved Flagger in Envoy Proxy: Weaveworks’ Flagger as a native part of Gloo Edge for CI/CD management and traffic routing for A/B and canary testing.
- Schema in Gloo Edge custom resource definition APIs (CRDs): The enablement of the use of schemas to validate CRD functions.
Gloo Portal 1.0 capabilities include: showback, chargeback, usage tracking of APIs; improved self-service usability; and full Gloo Edge integration.
TeamViewer, a provider of remote connectivity and workplace digitalization solutions, announced a partnership with SAP. The companies are joining forces to drive the digital transformation of workplaces and processes in industrial environments. The partnership will help to better address the fast growing need of customers for enhanced, outcome-based services. It includes a technical integration of TeamViewer Frontline, an Augmented Reality (AR) based workflow and remote support suite for deskless workers, into SAP’s solutions for asset and service management as well as a joint go-to-market strategy with TeamViewer joining SAP’s partner program.
First joint use cases of the partnership will include remote AR-based, fast, and precise troubleshooting for maintenance and repair scenarios at SAP customers in industrial machinery and component manufacturing. Running on wearables like smart glasses, TeamViewer Frontline and its dedicated AR-based remote assistance solution allows remote experts to guide on-site workers in real time through complex processes without having to travel. The integration will help to ensure full auditability as all actions will be logged in the SAP software system automatically. These first use cases will be part of all worldwide go-to-market activities within the partnership.