Informatica announced the availability of Informatica’s Cloud Data Integration Elastic (CDI-E) on Google Cloud. This enables organizations to reach greater productivity and scale. The company also announced new enhancements to Cloud Mass Ingestion, and API Management on Google Cloud as it unveils the new Intelligent Data Management Cloud. New capabilities on Google Cloud:
- Quickly build and deploy data integration pipelines with Informatica Cloud Data Integration-Elastic (CDI-E): Customers can now process very large data engineering workloads elastically via Informatica’s Intelligent Data Management Cloud on Google Cloud using Informatica’s codeless, visual, data ingestion and transformation user experience.
- Simplify large-scale data ingestion from on-premises to Google Cloud with Informatica Cloud Mass Ingestion (CMI) Service: Informatica CMI provides a wizard to ingest and replicate large amounts of data into Google Cloud from on-premises sources such as Oracle, SQL/MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, and DB2 and others. CMI supports Google Pub/Sub Model as both a source and target while supporting schema drift and ingesting streaming and IoT data for real-time analytics.
- Modernize your data, API, and application integration on Google Cloud with Informatica API Manager: Throughout the development, management, or deprecation of API’s, API Manager is designed to orchestrate complex hybrid multi-cloud systems automatically keeping track of changing capabilities and integrations with any external system.
Microsoft Corp and Nuance Communications, Inc. announced they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Microsoft will acquire Nuance for an all-cash transaction valued at $19.7 billion, inclusive of Nuance’s net debt. Mark Benjamin will remain CEO of Nuance, reporting to Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of Cloud & AI at Microsoft. The transaction is intended to close this calendar year.
Nuance is a provider of conversational AI and cloud-based ambient clinical intelligence for healthcare providers. Nuance’s products include the Dragon Ambient eXperience, Dragon Medical One and PowerScribe One for radiology reporting, all clinical speech recognition SaaS offerings built on Microsoft Azure. Nuance’s solutions work with core healthcare systems, including longstanding relationships with Electronic Health Records (EHRs), to alleviate the burden of clinical documentation and help providers deliver better patient experiences.
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nuance builds upon an existing partnership announced in 2019. By augmenting the Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare with Nuance’s solutions Microsoft will be better able to empower healthcare providers through ambient clinical intelligence and other Microsoft cloud services. Beyond healthcare, Nuance provides AI expertise and customer engagement solutions across Interactive Voice Response (IVR), virtual assistants, and digital and biometric solutions to companies in all industries. This expertise will come together with Microsoft’s cloud, including Azure, Teams, and Dynamics 365, to deliver next-generation customer engagement and security solutions.
https://news.microsoft.com/2021/04/12/microsoft-accelerates-industry-cloud-strategy-for-healthcare-with-the-acquisition-of-nuance/ ▪︎ https://www.nuance.com/
Elastic announced an expanded strategic partnership with Confluent, Inc. to deliver the best integrated product experience to the Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch community. Through this alliance, Elastic and Confluent will enhance existing product integrations and jointly develop new capabilities to help users easily combine the benefits of the Elastic Stack and Kafka. Elastic and Confluent plan further enhancements to the product experience for users by:
- Strengthening the native integration between Elastic Cloud and Confluent Cloud
- Enriching the Elasticsearch Service Sink Connector in Confluent
- Developing packaged joint solutions for specific use cases
- Introducing easier ways to output data from Kafka in an Elastic Common Schema
Elastic has long provided native support for Kafka to help centralized logging and monitoring customers monitor the health and performance of their Kafka pipelines in Elasticsearch. In addition, users have the choice of a jointly built and fully managed Elasticsearch Service Sink Connector in Confluent Cloud that eliminates the need for customers to take on the difficult task of managing their own Kafka clusters. This gives organizations the ability to seamlessly stream data moving through Kafka into Elasticsearch on all major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Trifacta announced it is expanding its platform’s data integration capabilities by providing universal data connectivity to more than 180 data sources. These pre-built connectors make it faster and easier for more users in organizations of any size to connect to more data. To build curated, accessible data products for advanced data insights and analytics, data engineers and analysts need flexible, seamless access to data, regardless of its source. The Trifacta platform already offers connectivity to a wide range of data sources. Universal connectivity expands the range of use cases possible with the Trifacta platform, including but not limited to:
- Collaboration and Support: SmartSheet, Airtable, Confluence, Microsoft Sharepoint, and JIRA.
- Resource Planning and Visibility: SAP ERP, SAP HANA, and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Finance and Accounting: Workday, Netsuite, Xero, ADP, Quickbooks, and Sage.
- Marketing, Sales, e-Commerce: Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Amazon Marketplace, and Shopify.
- Cloud Data Warehouses and Databases: BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Teradata, and Hive.
- Files & File Systems: S3, GCS, ADLS, HDFS, SFTP, JSON, XML, Excel, and Google Sheets. Trifacta is also enhancing support for semi-structured data, like JSON and XML.
- Cloud Data Exchanges: AWS Data Exchange, Snowflake Data Marketplace, and Google Public Datasets.
- Preview mode: Server-side render a live preview of a web app to share, gather feedback and make changes in real-time without requiring a build.
- Next.js 10: Key elements of Next.js 10 include internationalized routing and React 17 support.
- Atomic and immutable deploys: Compatibility with incremental static regeneration and server-side rendering techniques.
Capabilities for enterprise teams running Next.js applications.
- Unified development workflow: Build, test, deploy and manage frontend and serverless code together from a single Git-based workflow.
- Release management controls: Handle complex web rollouts with build settings and environmental variables tailored to branches, split testing for managed rollouts, and controls to limit publishing to the main branch.
- Security and compliance: Security features including SOC 2 Type 2 attestation, SAML single sign-on (SSO) support, role-based access control, and two-factor authentication.
- Self-hosted GitHub and GitLab integration: Use Netlify with enterprise versions of GitHub and GitLab that are often self-hosted. The integration is enabled and managed from the Netlify UI.
- 24/7/365 production support.
Aarth Software, a digital transformation company, is partnering with eccenca as a solution provider for semantic data management. Aarth is committed to mature an organization’s understanding of data and transform decision making with meaningful insights. They will use the semantic data management platform solution by eccenca in projects where customers strive for better data quality and process understanding to leverage automation and artificial intelligence solutions.
The knowledge graph platform software enables the comprehensive management of enterprise data and its related processes, rules, constraints, capabilities and configurations in a single application. By this eccenca provides an enterprise-ready solution for limitless data integration and preparation. Both capabilities are the foundation to establish and automate advanced business intelligence and artificial intelligence applications in businesses. By making enterprise data both machine-readable and human-interpretable, enterprises are enabled to drive agility, autonomy and automation without disrupting existing IT infrastructures.
eccenca will become an integral part of Aarth’s project consultancy strategy to lift enterprise data from its silos and make it findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable throughout the organization. Aarth will provide data utilization capabilities for business driven strategic use cases.
https://eccenca.com/products/enterprise-knowledge-graph-platform-corporate-memory ▪︎ https://www.aarth.io
TeamViewer, a global provider of secure remote connectivity solutions and workplace digitalization technology, announced its acquisition of Upskill, the US-based pioneer in augmented reality (AR) software for frontline workers. Upskill’s digital workflow solutions support workers especially in industrial manufacturing, inspection, and audit use cases through real-time interfaces with smart glasses and handheld mobile devices. With Upskill’s presence on the North American continent, an engineering hub in Austin, TX, and customers such as The Boeing Company, Merck KGaA and American Bureau of Shipping, TeamViewer strengthens its position as a global player in providing industry-specific AR solutions. The company had started to strategically invest in that space in 2020 with the acquisition of European wearable software leader Ubimax, serving global companies like DHL, Siemens and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company.
Upskill, founded in 2010, has two locations in the United States in Tyson’s Corner, VA and Austin, TX. TeamViewer plans to keep and grow these offices to expand its presence within the US and to build on Upskill’s important partnerships within the US tech ecosystem. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.
Alation Inc., provider of enterprise data intelligence solutions, announced the release of Alation 2021.1. The newest release extends connector and query coverage to virtually any data source, expedites relevant search & discovery through data domains, and features new data governance capabilities.
Alation 2021.1 includes connectors to a comprehensive range of applications and data sources, beyond Business Intelligence (BI) and filesystems, to applications such as ServiceNow and Salesforce. The platform’s new, federated authentication enables users to query cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Snowflake using single sign-on. By snapping into a variety of applications and data sources, Alation serves as a single place to find, understand, and trust data across an organization. Alation 2021.1 also includes:
- Accelerated time to insight. A new Open Connect Framework software development kit (SDK) enables third parties, including customers and partners, to build connectors to niche RDBMS and BI data sources such as NoSQL and application sources.
- Increased search relevancy by allowing users to narrow their searches based on how data is grouped logically by the organization, such as business unit or geography.
- New data governance capabilities. New impact analysis reports provide an immediate view into the downstream impact of data changes.