Solo.io, a modern API infrastructure company delivering application networking from the edge to service mesh, announced the general availability of the company’s API gateway based on Envoy Proxy, Gloo Edge 1.8, which is bundled with Gloo Portal 1.0, a full-feature developer portal for API management to catalog and share APIs. Both products are part of Solo.io’s Gloo API Infrastructure Platform, which allows organizations to transform to a cloud-native application architecture by connecting application services, service meshes, clusters, and clouds. Gloo Edge 1.8 includes:
- Support for SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)/XSLT: Additional XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) 3.0 support to modernize SOAP/XML clients and endpoints without eliminating SOAP from the web service portfolio.
- Helm usability improvements: To define, set up, and configure applications and expose values in Helm, a CNCF project for users to define, install, and upgrade Kubernetes applications.
- Improved Flagger in Envoy Proxy: Weaveworks’ Flagger as a native part of Gloo Edge for CI/CD management and traffic routing for A/B and canary testing.
- Schema in Gloo Edge custom resource definition APIs (CRDs): The enablement of the use of schemas to validate CRD functions.
Gloo Portal 1.0 capabilities include: showback, chargeback, usage tracking of APIs; improved self-service usability; and full Gloo Edge integration.
TeamViewer, a provider of remote connectivity and workplace digitalization solutions, announced a partnership with SAP. The companies are joining forces to drive the digital transformation of workplaces and processes in industrial environments. The partnership will help to better address the fast growing need of customers for enhanced, outcome-based services. It includes a technical integration of TeamViewer Frontline, an Augmented Reality (AR) based workflow and remote support suite for deskless workers, into SAP’s solutions for asset and service management as well as a joint go-to-market strategy with TeamViewer joining SAP’s partner program.
First joint use cases of the partnership will include remote AR-based, fast, and precise troubleshooting for maintenance and repair scenarios at SAP customers in industrial machinery and component manufacturing. Running on wearables like smart glasses, TeamViewer Frontline and its dedicated AR-based remote assistance solution allows remote experts to guide on-site workers in real time through complex processes without having to travel. The integration will help to ensure full auditability as all actions will be logged in the SAP software system automatically. These first use cases will be part of all worldwide go-to-market activities within the partnership.
Workato unveiled a series of products to enable customers to more effectively develop business process automations that drive improvements in the experiences of their customers and employees, and the operational efficiency of their organization.
Automation HQ is a set of capabilities in the Workato platform that companies can use to accelerate the scaling of automation across the enterprise from a single platform. It helps teams across an organization to work with the agility of a startup while tapping into the resources and shared knowledge of the enterprise. It also provides IT teams with the essential centralized tools to manage users, data, connections and recipes across multiple workspaces in an organization.
- Federated Workspaces – expand the ability of administrators to centrally provision workspaces and control apps, tasks, and other resources.
- Business Operations Console – improve visibility and reporting for administrators across workspaces.
- Advanced Lifecycle Management – make it easy for users of varying technical skills to collaborate on lifecycle management.
Workato connectors include: RPA – UiPath, Celonis and Ephesoft; RevOps – Dun & Bradstreet, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and Eloqua; HR – Greenhouse, Google Workspace, UKG and SuccessFactors.
Workato Automation Accelerators for common critical business processes include: Enterprise Data Hub, LT Pipeline for Snowflake, Autonomous Operations Framework, Intelligent Invoice Processing, Approvals Bot for Slack & Teams, Campaign Launchpad.
Headlining the new features are support for design-first API methodology and versioning for technical and non-technical users to quickly create new applications around specific APIs; anomaly detection and memory management capabilities that automatically and proactively identify issues; and enhancements to Kubernetes-based elastic scaling capabilities that enable organizations to dynamically scale platform resources to meet spike increases in workload demands.
With design-first API creation application developers and integration specialists now have the option to choose either top-down or bottom-up development. With Pipeline Runtime Anomaly Detection, the platform automatically reviews time-series data to proactively identify pipelines that consume an unusual amount of resources. Based on pre-set thresholds and/or deviations from what is considered normal operations, the SnapLogic platform alerts platform administrators.
SnapLogic now offers queue-based dynamic scaling for environments experiencing spikes in workload demand, such as month-end data processing or other seasonal, high-demand activities. Customers with SnapLogic Groundplexes can now leverage an execution node’s queue size as a trigger signal that launches automatic scaling of platform resources, up or down. Scaling SnapLogic Groundplex nodes up or down more precisely as needed for workload demands means infrastructure capacity can be right-sized more efficiently.
Progress announced the R2 2021 release of Progress Telerik .NET developer tools collection. Progress now provides over 75 native components for Microsoft Blazor. Progress also announced expansion of its UI library for Microsoft WinUI and support for the newest .NET 6 preview.
Progress Telerik UI for Blazor developer tool features a set of new components, including PanelBar, Form, Card, Color Palette, Arc Gauge, Linear Gauge, Circular Gauge, Radial Gauge, Validation Summary, Validation Tooltip, Validation Message and MediaQuery. New Grid features such as multi-column headers, rows drag and drop and Excel-like editing help developers visualize data and customize their apps.
Progress Telerik UI for WinUI enables developers to build modern Windows desktop apps. This release includes Scheduler, ListView with support for extended selection, Shadow, HubTile, NumericBox and SideDrawer. The suite also ships PdfProcessing, WordsProcessing, SpreadProcessing, SpreadStreamProcessing and Zip Library document processing libraries for creation and editing of various document formats.
Telerik Reporting delivers a new Blazor Report Designer, enabling embedding of report designing capabilities into Blazor applications. The Reporting Web Designer has been improved to include drag-and-drop functionality for data fields in the Explorer tab to generate text boxes and updates. A new Swiss barcode is introduced to the Barcode component to support Switzerland’s latest QR Bill regulations.
Gimmal LLC, a provider of information governance software solutions, has announced the official release of its Documentum to SharePoint migration tool. With this addition to the Gimmal Migrate product, users will be able to achieve an effective and efficient migration from Documentum to Microsoft 365. The newly release Documentum to SharePoint migration tool gives client:
- The ability to achieve “full-fidelity” migration to preserve elements such as versions, metadata, created dates, and user information for information and records management purposes
- The ability to easily decommission Documentum, consolidating your legacy systems to achieve significant cost savings with a modern platform
- Conduct compliant migrations with automated legal chain of custody and detailed proof of migration
Pegasystems Inc. announced new low-code capabilities in Pega Platform that enable both professional and citizen developers to design modern user interfaces (UI) for their apps. By combining enhanced front-end design features with its back-end processing abilities, Pega helps any enterprise user to create more complete digital experiences from a single low-code platform.
The new Pega Platform capabilities combine Pega’s app authoring capabilities with out-of-the-box UX best practices to deliver a complete low-code app design and development solution. With a new UI architecture, enhanced design capabilities, and open APIs, users can both configure and design their app in the same easy-to-use low-code platform. In addition, built-in industry standards help enable front-end developers to readily integrate new UXs into their existing front ends. The new capabilities provide benefits for both businesspeople and professional developers looking to build applications, including: faster and more productive app interfaces, easier-to-use low-code design capabilities, and context-aware APIs that dynamically update as processes change.
The new Pega Platform design and development features will be available by the end of this quarter (Q2 2021) as part of the Pega Infinity 8.6 product release, which was also announced.
AtScale, a provider of semantic layer solutions for modern business intelligence and data science teams, announced native support for Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). DAX is a formula expression language used in Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, and Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel. Native DAX support lets Power BI users connect to AtScale in live connection mode. Live connections provide fast access to AtScale’s semantic layer platform, for delivering and managing data access and quality across the diverse and complex data landscape in a cloud-first enterprise. The AtScale semantic layer creates a single point for data access and a central governance gateway, and bridges business users across data migrations. Key features:
- Live Connection to Cloud Data Platforms – Power BI users can use AtScale to access up-to-date data without pre-aggregation or data engineering work.
- Curated Data Models – These curated and governed data models can help to increase the quality of data analysis.
- Impersonation & Single Sign-On (SSO) – With an appropriate data gateway configuration, Power BI users can connect using their preferred LDAP or Active Directory (AD) accounts.
- Enhanced Performance – Power BI users can navigate metadata and use visualizations in their reports without requiring Power BI to translate DAX into a SQL dialect or other query language.
- Seamless Integration with Power BI