Cloudinary, a media experience platform including Media Optimizer and Digital Asset Management (DAM) for brands announced several updates designed to enhance the customer experience and make it easier for brands to optimize their assets so they can continue to deliver fast and engaging visual experiences. Updates include:
- Media Optimizer Self Service. Cloudinary is making its automated, no-code Media Optimizer product available to self-serve users. Users will be able to sign up and start using the product from the Cloudinary website via both free and paid plans.
- Apps for Digital Asset Management. Apps for DAM provides one-click access to bulk asset procession abilities. The API-based apps can be used to automate and streamline complex tasks including asset manipulation, multi-step approval, interactions with other key business systems.
- WordPress Plugin enhancements. Will allow users to deliver engaging visual experiences within minutes. Users will benefit from a new and intuitive UI and automatically optimize, transform, and deliver assets with exact pixel accuracy over multiple content delivery networks (CDNs). And with Cloudinary’s DAM solution embedded into the Plugin, searching and managing of assets is easier allowing users to publish faster from within the WordPress environment.
Syncro Soft announced the immediate availability of version 24 of its XML suite of products, Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer, Web Author, Publishing Engine, WebHelp, PDF Chemistry, and Oxygen XML Scripting.
This new release brings enhancements to the validation support with the DITA validate and check for completeness action being available as a validation unit that can be added to validation scenarios, dynamic publishing for DITA by converting various types of non-DITA resources to DITA, including MS Word, MS Excel, HTML, and Markdown, Enterprise Edition users can upload and publish DITA to the Zendesk Help Center. The DITA to WebHelp transformation features improved navigation, and the PDF Chemistry engine allows controlling the generated PDF security permissions and metadata.
The JSON support is improved constantly to match the support Oxygen offers for XML and version 24 brings a visual diagram editor for JSON helpful for increasing productivity when working with simple JSON Schemas and for visualizing, understanding, and editing complex JSON Schemas.
With a focus on authoring experience and collaboration, the Oxygen XML Web Author has a re-designed interface, a new visual merge tool that enables you to easily resolve conflicts, and the Concurrent Editing feature now comes bundled with Web Author.
More functionality is exposed as part of Oxygen Scripting to enable automation/continuous integration and delivery workflows, including generating diff reports, as well as formatting and indenting XML documents.
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) announced Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11, the Open Source office-document productivity suite. Apache OpenOffice supports more than 40 languages, offers hundreds of ready-to-use extensions, and is a productivity suite for governments seeking to meet mandates for using ISO/IEC standard Open Document Format (ODF) files. Apache OpenOffice comprises six productivity applications: Writer (word processor), Calc (spreadsheet tool), Impress (presentation editor), Draw (vector graphics drawing editor), Math (mathematical formula editor), and Base (database management program).
The OpenOffice suite ships for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Apache OpenOffice is available as a free download to all users at 100% no cost, charge, or fees of any kind. Apache OpenOffice is available on the Windows 11 Store as of 5 October 2021. The 14th release under the auspices of the ASF, OpenOffice v4.1.11 reflects dozens of improvements, features, and bug fixes that include:
- New Writer Fontworks gallery
- Updated document types where hyperlink is allowed
- Updated Windows Installer
- Increased font size in Help
In addition, the project is mitigating 5 CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) reports, three of which will be disclosed on 11 October, in coordination with The Document Foundation.
WP Engine, a WordPress technology company, announced the launch of Atlas Content Modeler (ACM), a free WordPress plugin to create custom post types and fields for headless WordPress sites. ACM integrates seamlessly with WPGraphQL, replacing the need for three separate plugins required to create content models for headless sites. Custom content modeling is a critical task for every enterprise WordPress project, however WordPress doesn’t have this feature as part of its core content management system (CMS). ACM makes the creation of custom content models easier:
- 3 tools in 1 – Create custom post types and fields in WordPress, and integrate it with WPGraphQL for headless projects in a single package.
- Easy to use – The plugin is intuitive enough to use right away.
- Advanced fields, by default – Developers can create schemas that include Rich Text, Media, Numbers, Dates, Boolean and Relationship data fields.
- Define relationships between content models – ACM comes with the ability to define relationships between content models, which adds both structure and meaning to content.
- Create custom taxonomies – With ACM, developers can define taxonomies that help their content producers organize their content in a flexible manner.
- Easy-to-use publisher experience – ACM automatically creates edit screens for publishing structured content immediately.
Brightcove unveiled Brightcove Marketing Studio, a new solution that gives marketers access to easily find, use, and repurpose video assets, which are costly to create and underutilized across marketing teams.
Marketing professionals are often forced to search multiple systems to find ideal videos for their initiatives, often lacking insight into which videos perform best or what useful assets actually exist. And, although 3 out of 4 marketers say video is “important” or “central” to their content strategies, more than half say “unclear processes” or “technical constraints” prevent them from using video more. Brightcove Marketing Studio provides role-based access to video assets through a team’s preferred social platforms, marketing automation, digital asset management, and content management tools. Marketing Studio features:
- Centralized video management: Puts everything marketers need at their fingertips, including full-length videos, social clips, and thumbnails.
- Integration into existing workflows: Pulls video into the tools marketers use for discovery and implementation in email, social, partner, web, and event campaigns.
- Smart search: Surfaces relevant videos for every initiative with smart tagging and recommendations based on topic, format, audience, and buyer stage.
- Viewer intelligence: Provides insights into video performance and viewer engagement, displayed in intuitive dashboards or existing third-party analytics systems.
Grammarly announced the launch of Grammarly for Developers. With Grammarly’s Text Editor SDK (software development kit), builders get access to everything they need to deliver easy-to-use, real-time writing assistance in any web application. Feedback and suggestions are delivered across four categories of writing: correctness (grammar and writing mechanics), clarity (conciseness and readability), engagement (vocabulary and variety), and delivery (tone, formality, and confidence). Suggestions are presented in-line and in real time so that users can quickly accept suggestions as they write.
The Text Editor SDK handles all communication between applications and Grammarly’s cloud services and manages all the user interface components, like rendering underlines and suggestion cards, applying text transformations, providing personal dictionaries. The Grammarly Text Editor SDK delivers Grammarly’s English-language writing assistance through any web-based application running on browsers or Chromium-based desktop apps. Interested developers can apply for early access to the beta of the Text Editor SDK now by visiting developer.grammarly.com. The offering includes:
- An API with access to Grammarly services, including UI building blocks
- Comprehensive developer guides and API documentation
- Sample applications, including source code
- A quick-start tutorial to bring Grammarly to life in an app in minutes
Bridgeline Digital, Inc., a cloud-based marketing technology software provider, announced that they are heavily investing in their Hawksearch BigCommerce Integration to expand their offering for BigCommerce users. Bridgeline has invested in a dedicated Partner Resource and the development of new features to build growth for the platform’s user base.
Hawksearch is an AI-powered search, personalization, and recommendations app that optimizes the online buying experience for both B2C and B2C. Hawksearch has been a preferred BigCommerce technology partner since 2019. In addition to Hawksearch’s current traffic builder tool, Bridgeline’s product development team has integrated WooRank’s suite of SEO tools to further increase traffic and revenue for Hawksearch’s BigCommerce user-base. This new SEO functionality complements the previously released “Unit of Measure Conversion Logic” that is featured in all Hawksearch implementations on BigCommerce.
Qumu Corporation, a provider of cloud-based enterprise video technology, announced the availability of on-demand video transcriptions, as well as AI-enabled, automatic captioning for on-demand video on the Qumu platform.
With asynchronous video transcriptions, users can now easily review video content, speeding knowledge transfer, and helping drive relevant content to the right audiences. The transcriptions make it easy to skim videos for key details, and aid in efforts such as note-taking and preparing for meetings, enabling viewers to review content faster, or to review specific aspects of a video. Transcriptions can also extend the longevity, accessibility and value of videos, and can aid in regulatory compliance, such as meeting transcript requirements for earnings calls.
Qumu also added the option of Qumu-powered automatic captions for on-demand video, backed by AI, building off the live caption feature announced earlier this year. Users can now leverage the same Qumu captioning service used for live videos, without the need to upgrade services.