MerlinOne announced it is now possible to search across your entire video collection to find just the right bit of content you are looking for, simply by describing it. NOMAD for Video from MerlinOne takes you there with no additional effort required.
For most video searching you can only search for a filename; or in some systems, search by words spoken in the video. But many scenes have no narrative: how do you search for a kissing scene, or a car chase, or the sequence when the skier your company sponsors catches air going downhill while wearing your branded skis?
MerlinOne targeted this problem, recognizing it as critical for Digital Asset Management (DAM) and other applications. After five years of effort in AI, we have developed a solution. Two examples NOMAD for Video solves for you are:
- Want to find the clip of your CEO with your company branding in the background?
- Want to show a friend your favorite scene in a movie right now (no fumbling, no talking to stall while you frantically search)?
NOMAD for Video is an option in MerlinOne’s DAM system and is also available via API as a service to add this functionality to other systems.
Sinequa, a Search Cloud provider, strengthened its integration with Microsoft by enabling its customers to easily procure Sinequa’s Search Cloud platform directly from the Azure Marketplace using private offers. Sinequa is now available on the Azure Marketplace for all Microsoft Azure Consumption Commitment (MACC) customers. With this new private offer, customers can now fulfill license subscriptions for Sinequa under their existing MACC, allowing them to decrement pre-committed Azure spend. Sinequa license and Sinequa workloads on Azure will be counted 100 percent toward the MACC.
Sinequa and Microsoft customers can benefit from co-sell engagements to bring Search Cloud solutions to their Azure tenant. Sinequa also works with Microsoft’s Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program to deliver world-class search to Global 2000 customers.
Sinequa’s Search Cloud Platform, optimized for Azure, is an enterprise search platform that enables innovative organizations to ingest enterprise data sources, transform that data into searchable information, and obtain precise insights to natural language queries.
Elastic announced enhancements across the Elastic Search Platform and its solutions. New capabilities in Elastic 8.2 enable customers to build seamless search experiences, accelerate troubleshooting of cloud-native services, and streamline security analyst workflows.
Enhanced capabilities in Elastic Enterprise Search include support for the Elasticsearch query syntax, allowing users to ingest and search over their existing Elasticsearch indices using prebuilt Enterprise Search tools. Development teams can leverage out-of-the-box tuning and analytics tools for fast search deployment, relevance management, and visibility into end-user search behavior without migrating their data or indexing pipelines. Updates to Elasticsearch Stack include:
- Providing greater search speeds to optimize search experiences and reduce computational overhead with the technical preview of random sampler aggregation
- Adding an improved Hierarchical Navigable Small World (HNSW) search algorithm to vector search.
- Increasing precision and control of query data with a new approximate nearest neighbor filtering capability in technical preview
- Enhancing the ability to fully customize and deploy SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online connector packages with open code libraries on GitHub
Searchable.ai announced Constellation, their unified data platform that brings together all the data and information that knowledge workers and teams need in one place. While Searchable.ai initially focused on unifying data and information from files, such as those created with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace apps, as well as PDFs, Constellation makes it possible to unify user-inputted SaaS data. Structured information from Jira tickets and Trello cards, for example, as well as conversations in apps like Slack, can now be searchable and shareable. Additionally, Constellation’s Live Sync technology means data is constantly being updated and refreshed, so users always have access to the latest information.
Constellation supports an unlimited amount of data and is engineered with enterprise-grade security. Eventually, Searchable.ai will enable developers to access the Constellation framework for their own apps and services, including corporations who may want to ingest this data into their own repositories.
For now, Searchable.ai will leverage Constellation to extend its end-user capabilities beyond search. The company will soon be releasing Collections, a way for users to assemble groups of files, email, and cloud data in a central space where others can add, find, and access what they need for their work.
Yext announced the availability of its Spring ’22 Release for early access. “Nebula,” includes the latest update to the algorithm powering Yext’s AI search platform, as well as several features meant to further streamline building and managing exceptional customer and employee search experiences. Updated features include:
- Nebula Algorithm: Following last year’s “Phoenix,” the latest Yext algorithm update, Nebula, adds more advanced functionality and a broader reach to search experiences. Businesses now have access to improved ranking of search verticals based on their semantic relevance to the query, Functions in Query Rules that can integrate real-time data from external sources to power new use cases, and additional support for multi-language experiences.
- Connectors: Allows businesses to pull in data from authorized sources like Google Drive and Jira, and capture more information on their website with a PDF Crawler.
- Search Merchandiser: Businesses can now use a new drag-and-drop interface specially designed to customize individual search results. This feature can influence the ranking and position of products, locations, services.
- Posting Modernization: To reach audiences through posts on social media, websites, or listings on Google, Yext’s updated posting UI and API turn communicating important news into a more seamless process.
Access Innovations, Inc. announced Video/Audio to Text to Tagging (VATT), a solution that translates audio files to time stamped text transcripts for indexing, classifying, and enriching by Data Harmony Hub. Originally developed to improve search precision on training videos for a large chemical manufacturer, the new tagging capabilities can be used on any video or audio content from lectures, demonstrations, conferences, and more. Once metadata tagging is completed by Data Harmony Hub, a “point in time” search allows for users to find the precise time within the video/audio where the speaker or narrator discusses a specific topic, without wasting time browsing and scrolling through the entire video to find the information they need.
Organizations are generating video content and placing it on YouTube and other video aggregation service platforms. If transcripts are not available and searchable, the viewer is disappointed when they attempt to search a library of videos. In most cases, search is only available on the video title, the speaker or performer name, and possibly the date. With the video/audio to text to tagging solution, viewers enjoy a more robust search experience, reduce noise within the search results, and pinpoint topics and concepts of interest.
WAND, Inc. announced a new partnership with Semantic Web Company. This partnership will blend the offerings of Semantic Web’s taxonomy management system with WAND’s taxonomies to accelerate client time to delivery. PoolParty opens up the use of WAND’s domain taxonomies to jump-start enterprise search, text analytics, business intelligence, artificial intelligence, knowledge graphs, and sentiment analysis. Based on a solid taxonomy, customers can invest more time and effort in customizing and thus fine-tuning their Knowledge Graph applications. The benefits of this new partnership include:
- Informing A.I. Engines with a curated knowledge model
- Speeding up time to delivery for projects
- An extensibility to all domains of knowledge
- Bundled pricing of WAND Taxonomies and PoolParty license
https://www.wandinc.com ■ https://semantic-web.com
To be eligible for the program, startup companies must be under five years old with less than $5 million of funding. Once accepted, they will receive credits valuing $35,000 to build Yext-powered AI search experiences, whether that is consolidating their information into a knowledge graph, integrating search into their own web experiences, or building SEO-friendly landing pages.
Regardless of the experience they choose to build, startups in the program will have access to all of the technology they need to get started, including unlimited data storage, Yext’s application programming interface (API), software development kit (SDK), learning management system (LMS), and more. Additionally, members will become part of Yext’s startup community, which offers networking opportunities with founders, events in the form of workshops and webinars, and dedicated product specialists for support. To introduce more startups to the new program, Yext is working in tandem with more than 20 program partners, including Zendesk, Hubspot, Sequoia, Primary VC, and Betaworks.
Eligible startups can use the code Yext<3sStartups, valid until March 31, 2022, on the application page to get started with scaling their digital presence and engagement with Yext.