Verint Systems Inc. announced an expanded partnership with Avaya to integrate Verint Knowledge Management with Avaya OneCloud CCaaS, a browser-based desktop that consolidates relevant customer details, including customer journey touchpoints, and frequently used applications into a consolidated view to increase customer responsiveness, eliminate screen switching and personalize customer interactions. With this technology integration, enterprises can assist employees with zero-click knowledge on their desktop, to provide instant, accurate and contextual advice to help ensure customer success, fuel agent performance, and maximize employee productivity. Verint Knowledge Management uses artificial intelligence (AI) infused search technology to create a more automated and natural way to connect people to knowledge. The solution works out of the box. Avaya currently incorporates a broad set of Verint solutions on-premise and in the cloud, including recently added Verint SaaS solutions for Engagement Management, Adaptive Fraud and Experience Management.
Algolia announced Algolia AI, a suite of AI tools that enables businesses of all sizes to create always-optimized, personalized digital experiences with less manual tuning and curation. Algolia AI, designed using trillions of searches, is packaged inside an easy-to-use and flexible API. Algolia removes the complexity of implementing AI while giving companies the ability to deeply customize and control the end user experience. Algolia AI search and discovery capabilities include:
- Algolia Answers: Combines Algolia’s tunable relevance with AI-driven natural language and real-world understanding. Built on top of technology from Algolia and OpenAI, Algolia Answers addresses the most difficult natural language questions, finding the answer that best responds to the searcher’s question.
- Algolia Understand: Detects the actions consumers want to take and the items they seek through human-like Natural Language Understanding (NLU). Through advanced understanding of numbers and named entities, consumers can move from search to conversion quickly, without needing to refine or update search requests.
- Dynamic Synonym Suggestions: Improves the user experience by analyzing search patterns and recommending new synonyms that will deliver the most relevant results. Dynamic Synonym Suggestions makes it easier to choose the right synonyms by giving clear context for its recommendations.
- Dynamic Re-Ranking: Leverages AI to analyze consumer actions on websites and mobile apps to boost results for each query. Dynamic Re-Ranking also gives granular control to the business user, and complements Algolia’s personalization and merchandising functionalities.
- Personalization: Utilizes AI to analyze individual consumers’ actions to build dynamic, high-fidelity user profiles. Algolia Personalization activates those profiles to deliver a unique digital experience tailored to each consumer whether they search or browse, based on previous interactions with the website including purchases, additions to carts and wishlists, and page and video views.
Algolia AI is available now.
Bridgeline Digital, Inc., a provider of cloud-based digital experience software, announced the release of Celebros Studio 9.0. The upgrade includes a newly designed Studio, and new features to drive increased revenue for eCommerce websites. The improved look-and-feel makes managing eCommerce website search and merchandising more efficiently. In addition, there are new features such as the ability to filter and export lists from Campaigns, Queries, and Merchandising in addition to enhancements to the Instant Search and Auto Complete capabilities. Improvements to the Celebros Instant Search feature improves the customer experience by automatically updating search results as a customer types their query – allowing them to narrow their selection and find products of interest quicker. New updates to the Auto Complete make it more dynamic – visually suggesting up to nine related product thumbnails which automatically update as users hovers over top queries. The new Celebros Studio 9.0 upgrade includes:
- User experience overhaul
- New list views with slide-out detail panels
- Merchandising list vs. thumbnail view
- Updated pop-up modals with user-friendly validation
- Ability to filter campaign lists, query lists, and merchandising lists
- Ability to export campaign lists, query lists, and merchandising lists
- Catalog user interface redesign
Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, announced it has partnered with VetsinTech to enable veterans to accelerate their careers in tech. Elastic will join the VetsinTech employer coalition, where they will offer free training, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to veterans and active duty military transitioning from military to civilian life. VetsinTech is a national non-profit dedicated to supporting veterans through tech-based education, employment, and entrepreneurship programs. The organization connects global technology companies with its more than 30,000 members through training and career development programs. The partnership with VetsinTech supports the organizations’ shared objective to support current and returning veterans who want to apply their exceptional training, skills, and experience to a new career in technology. Elastic has a large community of users across industries that use Elastic solutions to achieve their essential missions, including active duty military and veterans.
O’Reilly announced the launch of O’Reilly Answers, an advanced natural language processing (NLP) engine that delivers quick, contextually relevant answers to challenging technical questions posed by users through O’Reilly online learning. With a one-click integration into Slack, O’Reilly Answers helps users learn from and discover content. Leveraging advanced machine learning techniques, the O’Reilly Answers search engine provides relevant highlights and snippets from O’Reilly’s library of expert content across thousands of O’Reilly’s titles, pointing users directly to only the most applicable resources. To encourage deeper discovery, the feature allows users to drill down into full content pieces from referenced titles. To further improve productivity, all functions of O’Reilly Answers are available through a simple Slack Integration.
Northern Light announced its SinglePoint knowledge management platform now contains a search index of reports published by “thought leaders” from more than 15 business strategy consulting firms, “think tanks” and non-governmental research organizations. Northern Light’s new Thought Leaders content collection features insights across a range of industries and strategy topics from firms such as Accenture, API, Bain, BCG, Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM Institute for Business Value, KPMG, MITRE, Pew Research Center, PwC, Tata Consultancy Services, World Economic Forum (WEF), and the World Health Organization (WHO). Initially, the collection contains approximately 20,000 market and technology reports; Northern Light expects to add an additional 1,000 new reports per month to the search index. The reports in the collection contain analysis, commentary, and forecasts of the trends in industries such as life sciences, healthcare, information technology, financial services, and consumer products.
Key topics, such as marketing to Millennials and post-Millennials, are covered in depth. The search index includes links to the reports on the thought leaders’ websites, and all of the reports in the collection are available to users. In addition to the new thought leaders content set, other content collections that can be accessed within SinglePoint include an organization’s own primary research, licensed secondary research, industry news, technology vendor white papers, conference abstracts, and various government and industry databases.
Yext, Inc. announced “Milky Way,” the latest upgrade to the natural language processing (NLP) algorithm that powers Yext Answers, Yext‘s site search product. Headlining this milestone update is the adoption of BERT, (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers). Developed by Google, BERT is an open source machine learning framework for NLP designed to better understand user searches. By leveraging BERT within Named Entity Recognition (a process to locate and classify named entities mentioned in unstructured text into predefined categories), Yext Answers improves its ability to distinguish locations from other types of entities, including people, jobs, and events. The update includes:
- Improved Named Entity Recognition: By leveraging BERT, Yext Answers can now better understand the contextual relationship between search terms. Answers will return a more relevant result by taking into account the correct classification, whether a location, person or product.
- Improved Location Detection: The update leaves behind location biasing. Now, Yext Answers will filter through locations stored by a business in their Yext knowledge graph to surface the best match.
- Updated Healthcare Taxonomy: More than 3,000 new healthcare-related synonyms, conditions, treatments, and procedures have been added to the algorithm’s taxonomy.
- Improved Stemming and Typo Tolerance.
Elastic announced new enhancements in the 7.9 release of Elastic Enterprise Search make it easier to offer modern search experiences for app users, workplace teammates, and website visitors. Elastic Workplace Search features added to the free distribution tier provide a starting point for providing teams with relevant information. The addition of Workplace Search features to our free distribution tier means that you can download and use the entire Elastic Enterprise Search solution to easily get started and boost productivity with modern search experiences. Whether it’s App Search for your apps and websites or Workplace Search for your internal teams, with the features included in the free distribution tier you can download and evaluate the full product suite. Workplace Search includes connectors to collaboration, storage, and productivity tools, along with access to the Custom Source API for creating your own connectors. You also get group and user management tools and easily tunable content source prioritization by team. Additional customization, integrations, granular access control, and single-sign-on (SSO) support are available with the Platinum subscription.
In 7.9, Kibana becomes the window into Elastic Enterprise Search, offering navigation for search deployments alongside other analysis and visualization tools. Kibana allows users to do everything from rich data visualization using Elasticsearch indices to administering and managing the whole of the Elastic Stack. Kibana admins can customize spaces to show or hide Enterprise Search in the main navigation menu, and give users the capability to quickly access deployments and in-app dashboards. Gmail joins Google Drive, Microsoft 365, Salesforce, Confluence, and a number of other prebuilt content source integrations for Workplace Search. Workplace Search offers a single search bar for not just the G Suite, but across a slew of sources, regardless of the origin, manufacturer, or ecosystem. Users can conduct search without needing to remember where that data lives, and they’ll see their own private Gmail content right alongside all those other sources, with pre-tuned search relevance baked right in.