OpenText announced the release of Cloud Edition (CE) 20.4. This release delivers updates, enhancements, and new features across OpenText products and services. These include new SaaS applications, new cloud services, customer-driven features, and a completely new developer cloud with documented APIs, connectors to other business applications, and a developer community for customers and partners. The OpenText Cloud provides flexible deployment options with managed service expertise and run-anywhere software, amplified through partnerships with the major public cloud providers. Cloud Edition 20.4 provides updates across the five OpenText Clouds:
- The OpenText Business Network Cloud connects any business, person, system, or thing to build adaptive, ethical, and sustainable trading networks.
- The OpenText Content Cloud connects content to digital business to improve user productivity while meeting legal compliance and governance requirements.
- The OpenText Experience Cloud delivers an omni-channel personalized experience to customers.
- The OpenText Developer Cloud enables developers to build applications and solution extensions quickly and cost effectively using service-based capabilities in the cloud.
- The OpenText Security & Protection Cloud provides organizations with the tools they need to keep intellectual property, customer records and sensitive financial information protected.
Underpinning the OpenText Cloud are AI and Automation solutions. OpenText Magellan provides pre-built components that can be individually deployed, and the OpenText AppWorks platform enables business and technical users to rapidly build applications. Major enhancements for AppWorks in CE 20.4 include the launch of AppWorks Integration framework for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and new Solution Accelerators that accelerate the development of case management.
Powtoon announced the launch of their centralised Visual Communication Platform offering for companies to create, manage, distribute, and track unlimited pieces of visual content. The new Visual Communication Platform by Powtoon is designed to make business employees collaborate more effectively, gain alignment across departments, and increase productivity. Powtoon is best known for its tools to create quick, easy and cost-effective video animations for internal communications, training and development, and marketing and sales. Based on this experience, Powtoon is addressing the pain points felt by companies in the whole lifecycle of video creation and distribution under one platform. Existing clients will continue to be supported through Powtoon’s current offering with new tools augmenting the current platform. New features including screen capture, detailed character (avatar) customisation, advanced management capabilities and detailed analytics will be rolled out.
Epicor Software Corporation announced that it has released a new DocStar Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Essentials bundle. DocStar ECM Essentials is an out-of-the-box solution bundle that can be deployed quickly for managing documents and processes within a browser. Customers can easily sync content from remote workers to the home office. The solution helps organizations support work from home with cloud or on-premises deployment and automated workflow processing. DocStar ECM Essentials includes the choice of one or more of the following use cases:
- Accounts Payable and related accounting documents
- Human Resources and employee files
- General document management, including but not limited to contracts, client files, and orders
DocStar ECM Essentials is generally available today.
Gimmal LLC, a provider of information governance software and solutions, has announced the acquisition of Calgary-based ECM Wise Corp, an enterprise content management solutions provider. The acquisition brings enhanced migration capabilities, now known as Gimmal Migration, to Gimmal’s existing solutions suite. With the addition to Gimmal’s existing suite of software products, the company will offer a complete set of information governance solutions that provide the following benefits:
- Complete lifecycle management from the creation of information to its disposition.
- Simplified and expedited migrations from legacy systems, particularly in complex environments.
- A team of experts trained in best practices and methodologies for effective and compliant information governance.
- Streamlined processes that maximize productivity and increase cost savings.