MongoDB, Inc. unveiled its developer data platform vision with new capabilities, helping development teams with a wider set of use cases, servicing more of the data lifecycle, optimizing for modern architectures, and implementing sophisticated levels of data encryption. MongoDB 6.0 has extended its approach of working with data beyond operational and transactional use cases to serve search and analytics use cases within a unified platform and consistent developer experience to reduce the complexity of data infrastructure required for modern applications. Upcoming capabilities include:
- Making it easier for developers to leverage in-app analytics. Column Store Indexes will enable users to create and maintain a purpose-built index that speeds up many analytical queries without requiring changes to the document structure.
- Time series collections will support secondary indexes on measurements, and feature read performance improvements and optimizations for sorting time-based data more quickly.
- With Search Facets, developers are able to rapidly build search experiences that allow end users to more seamlessly browse, narrow down or refine their results.
MongoDB also announced new products and capabilities that enable development teams to better analyze, transform, and move their data in Atlas while reducing reliance on batch processes and ETL jobs.
CrafterCMS, and open-source Git-based headless CMS for enterprises, announced the general availability release of its version 4. The new release includes three major new capabilities: 1) a brand new Experience Builder for composing digital experiences from reusable plug-ins and components, and for true in-context editing and preview that supports all front-end technologies and any digital channels, 2) a brand new Crafter Studio content authoring application, built in React on top of CrafterCMS’s API-first headless content authoring platform, that is faster and enables content teams to create, edit, review, and publish more productively than before, and 3) a brand new plug-in framework and expanded marketplace that allows developers to build and easily maintain reusable components and back-end integrations.
Plug-ins may be used by administrators to compose tailored authoring experiences for a variety of content management use cases, and by content creators to compose digital experiences for end users. CrafterCMS v4.0 also improves on its Git-based content repository and support for DevContentOps processes that enable frictionless collaboration between content authors, developers and operations.
CrafterCMS version 4.0 community edition is available under the GPL v3 open source license, and the enterprise edition is available through the CrafterCMS customer support portal.
https://craftercms.org ■ https://craftercms.com
Foxit, a provider of PDF and eSignature products and services, helping knowledge workers increase their productivity with documents, announced integration of the Foxit PDF Editor cloud platform into Microsoft Teams and Office 365, providing users with new ways to collaborate on PDF documents. Features include:
- High-quality PDF Viewing – Experience quality viewing of high-fidelity PDF documents shared within your Microsoft Teams channel without downloading the PDF document to your device and without leaving the Microsoft Teams application.
- Accelerated Document Reviews – Efficiently and quickly collect channel members’ feedback on shared PDF documents within the Microsoft Teams application instead of downloading PDF documents, adding a review, and attaching the document again.
- Increased Document Activity Visibility – View other team members’ comments when they take action on your documents and also when others reply to comments.
- Secure Document Review – Collaborate securely on documents with trusted members who have access to the Microsoft 365 platform and retain the ability to store document versions to OneDrive.
- High-quality PDF Creation – Allows Microsoft Office 365 users to convert Office 365 documents (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to a high-quality PDF, and the option to save to OneDrive or download the document .