Oro Inc. announced the launch of OroCommerce 5.0, the latest long-term support (LTS) release of its open-source eCommerce platform for B2B companies. OroCommerce 5.0 adds features to boost productivity, improve site performance, and optimize customer experiences. Among the upgrades:
- Speed and performance. Buyers can manage orders and product lists containing hundreds or thousands of individual items. Out-of-the-box support for WebP images.
- New search functionality with upgraded discovery tools for B2B buyers. Weighted attributes enable the promotion of products based on popularity, available inventory, or user ratings.
- Accessibility for everyone, with full compatibility with screen readers and other assistive technologies and new features such as search autocomplete and keyboard-optimized navigation to support users with visual impairments.
- A friction-free work environment including full integration with Microsoft Office 365 to help team members spend less time window-switching. With a single sign-on, OroCommerce 5.0 makes it easier to stay on top of contacts, calendars, tasks, and emails, without ever leaving the Oro interface.
- Stability and security. The platform gets upgrades across the tech stack, which now includes Symfony 5.4 LTS, PHP 8.1, PostgreSQL 13 / MySQL 8, and ElasticSearch 8.
Piano, a Digital Experience Cloud provider, announced it has acquired SocialFlow, a social distribution and marketing platform for media companies. The addition of SocialFlow onto Piano’s platform will allow social media teams to optimize engagement and attention across multiple accounts and gain a deeper level of insight into how content is driving revenue. SocialFlow’s tools help streamline execution to efficiently manage organic posting across platforms, manage paid social media campaigns, and collect data on user clicks.
Organizations often face a fundamental challenge in determining which content will perform well on social media, when to publish it for maximum impact and then tracking results. These brands produce hundreds to thousands of articles and videos per month and have scores of social media accounts, with multiple team members managing those channels. Executing a social media strategy at scale requires tools built intentionally for the needs of publishers.
The transaction is a cash purchase, with funding provided by Updata Partners, Rittenhouse Ventures and Sixth Street Partners, and results in Piano acquiring 100% of the shares of SocialFlow.
https://resources.piano.io/articles/piano-acquires-socialflow-to-connect-social-media-strategies-to-customer-journey-orchestration ▪︎ https://www.socialflow.com
Elastic announced the general availability of Elastic 8.0 with enhancements across the Elastic Search Platform and its Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security solutions. Updates include native vector search, native support for modern natural language processing models, simplified data onboarding, and a streamlined security experience.
Native support for natural language processing (NLP) enables the use of custom or third-party PyTorch machine learning models directly in Elasticsearch. The addition of native NLP support with vector search enables users to perform inference within Elasticsearch, resulting in faster and more relevant search results. Customers can now leverage enhanced vector search capabilities, including native support for approximate nearest neighbor (ANN) search, to quickly perform queries on enormous data sets such as documents, images, and audio files.
Elastic native vector search extends technology commonly associated with searching for image and text content into the world of business data. Organizations can use vector search with NLP support to deliver faster, more relevant customer support information, improve shopping experiences, and enhance search accessibility by providing unique audio and visual search results. A simplified Elastic Cloud on AWS onboarding experience includes new integrations to speed data ingestion, including the new Elastic Serverless Forwarder.