Dropbox, Inc. unveiled the next iteration of its collaborative workspace, Dropbox Spaces, and several new features that help teams get organized, and collaborate from anywhere. Dropbox Spaces 2.0 is now a standalone product that enables teams to collaborate with internal and external collaborators on projects—from kickoff to delivery. Spaces brings collaboration features from across Dropbox into a single surface to help teams manage projects together. These include:
- Project Spaces: Create a project Space to bring the internal team, external clients, content, timeline, and project tasks all into one organized place. It provides an intuitive surface for the project, so teams can contribute and collaborate together as they move the project forward.
- Tasks: Prioritize what needs to be done and keep projects on track. Create, manage, assign, and comment on tasks across multiple projects. Attach project files to relevant tasks and manage personal to-do lists.
- Content: Find, add, and manage relevant project information. Users can easily add files (including traditional file types and cloud content, like Google Docs) directly to Spaces, and search for files across projects.
- Meetings: Easily join, organize, and follow up on meetings from Spaces. Centralize important information like agendas, action items, and attendees in customizable meeting templates and embed meeting docs directly in a project Space. Automatically sync meeting docs to calendar invites so everyone stays on the same page.
- Updates: Stay up to date with a shared team view of work in progress and project updates. Attach files to posts in the updates feed, respond to comments with text, an emoji, or link to a file.
Dropbox is extending availability of several features to Dropbox Business users. These include:
- App Center: 30+ new apps added to the Dropbox App Center to help teams discover and connect to more than 70 tools from Dropbox partners
- Branded sharing: New enhancements make it easier for businesses to establish their brands, and for admins to enable team individuals to customize their branding
- Traffic and insights: Helps users track engagement when sharing assets
- Follow: Helps users stay informed about activity on their most important shared folders
- Dropbox Passwords Beta: Allows team members to store passwords in one secure place, sync across devices, and access from anywhere
For more features, details and availability see