Datadobi, a provider of unstructured data management software, announced support for file data migration to and protection on Microsoft Azure. Adding this new capability means enterprise customers have another option to migrate and protect their NAS file data to the cloud, optimizing storage investment while preserving end-to-end data integrity. Using Datadobi software, enterprises get the best of both worlds by allowing them the flexibility to keep their NAS file data either in their data center, in Azure, or both. And because Datadobi documents ‘chain of custody,’ enterprises know the integrity of their data will be fully preserved between the two locations. Datadobi provides IT professionals, legal teams, and compliance officers, as well as the C-suite with the knowledge that the integrity of their file data will be fully preserved throughout the move or copy.
Day: November 19, 2020
Beezy Inc. announced the launch of Beezy 4.0, a digital workplace built to optimize the Office 365 employee experience. Designed to enhance Office 365 and replace legacy intranets, Beezy is focused on productivity, improved communications and efficiencies and reducing bottlenecks. The solution takes usability insights and features from familiar social media and productivity tools and brings them together in a cohesive professional environment. Beezy offers quick and easy setup, data security and compliance, and a robust mobile app, making it easier for employees to stay connected and carry out their tasks in a way that’s engaging and collaborative. The 4.0 updates include:
- Global and local: With Beezy 4.0, one centralized digital workplace can be deployed at a large scale to unify local intranets across the globe.
- Hero display: This new feature brings the organization’s most relevant content front and center in a clean and visually compelling way, enabling organizations to maximize the homepage real estate to display rich and engaging content without cluttering the UX.
- Custom widgets: In addition to Beezy’s expansive out-of-the-box widgets, companies can create custom widgets that align to their unique business needs.
- Video stories: Beezy 4.0 provides more flexibility for organizations to deliver compelling and integrated video content in a way that’s intuitive and accessible to all levels of technical skill.
- Microsoft Teams integration: While Microsoft Teams adoption has skyrocketed for team collaboration, it may not replace an intranet and the need for an inspiring digital destination for employees. Beezy 4.0 includes a Teams App to bridge the gap, offering an integrated experience across both technologies.
Alphabet’s Google has signed copyright agreements with six French newspapers and magazines, including national dailies Le Monde and Le Figaro, the U.S. tech company said in a post on its blog on Thursday. The announcement follows months of bargaining between Google, French publishers and news agencies over how to apply revamped EU copyright rules, which allow publishers to demand a fee from online platforms showing extracts of their news. The world’s biggest search engine initially fought against the idea of paying publishers for the content, saying their websites benefited from greater traffic brought by Google. The agreements with the six French newspapers are based on criteria such as the publisher’s “contribution to political and general information,” the daily volume of publications, the monthly internet traffic and the use of their content on Google’s platform, Google said.
The tech giant said it is also in talks with other French national and regional dailies and magazines, and aims to reach a framework agreement with the country’s print-press lobby by the end of the year. The agreements with French newspapers involve Google’s vehicle to remunerate news publishers, dubbed Google News Showcase, which already has agreements with leading publications in neighbouring Germany. Google’s statement comes a month after a court ruling ordered the U.S. company to open talks with publishers in France about paying to use their content.