Sitecore announced that it has entered into agreements to acquire Boxever Ltd., a SaaS-based Customer Data Platform (CDP) providing decisioning and experimentation and Four51, Inc., a company delivering modern B2B and B2C experiences for enterprise brands. Integrating Boxever’s and Four51’s technologies with Sitecore’s digital marketing solutions will provide an integrated content-to-commerce, SaaS-based DXP. This solution will enable businesses to deliver real-time, personalized digital experiences across every aspect of the buying cycle.
Boxever’s CDP provides a 360-degree view of customers, advanced segmentation, real-time decisioning and experimentation that acts as the brain within an organization’s marketing stack to make every customer interaction more relevant and engaging. The new capabilities expand and enhance Sitecore’s customer intelligence and AI-driven personalization tools. With Four51’s API-first, headless e-commerce solution, enterprises can deliver engaging shopping experiences helping improve customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy. The platform complements Sitecore’s existing B2C commerce capabilities.
Today Brave announced the acquisition of Tailcat, the open search engine developed by the team formerly responsible for the privacy search and browser products at Cliqz, a holding of Hubert Burda Media. Tailcat will become the foundation of Brave Search. Brave Search and the Brave browser constitute independent, privacy-preserving alternative to Google Chrome and Google Search. Brave Search:
- is private: it does not track or profile users.
- is user-first: Brave serves the user first, not the advertising and data industries.
- Brave Search offers choice: We will provide options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported search.
- is independent: We will rely on anonymized contributions from the community to improve and refine Brave Search.
- is transparent: we will not use secret methods or algorithms to bias results. We will explore multiple community-curated open ranking models to ensure diversity, and prevent algorithmic biases and outright censorship.
- is seamless: we will offer integration between the browser and search without compromising privacy, from personalization to instant results as the user types.
- is open: we do not believe in walled gardens and, as such, we will offer Brave Search to power other search engines.
Brave will also explore blockchain-based options and new developments, including for e-commerce uses.