Google announced a licensing program to pay publishers for high-quality content for a new news experience launching later this year. This program will help participating publishers monetize their content through an enhanced storytelling experience that lets people go deeper into more complex stories, stay informed and be exposed to a world of different issues and interests. To start, Google has signed partnerships and is working with publishing partners with local and national publications in Germany, Australia and Brazil, with more publishers in a number of countries around the globe to come soon. The new product will launch first on Google News and Discover.
This endeavor will diversify Google’s support for news businesses, building on the value already provided through Search and our ongoing efforts with the Google News Initiative to help journalism thrive in the digital age. While they’ve previously funded high-quality content, this program is a step forward in how they will support the creation of this kind of journalism. Where available, Google will also offer to pay for free access for users to read paywalled articles on a publisher’s site. This will let paywalled publishers grow their audiences and open an opportunity for people to read content they might not ordinarily see.
Polyverse Corporation announced the immediate availability of Polyscripting for WordPress. Polyscripting for WordPress removes the problem of Remote Code Execution, Backdoor and File Inclusion attacks by transparently scrambling the syntax and grammar of the language in which WordPress is built (PHP), preventing any non-approved code from executing. This enables the detection and defense of cyberattacks easily and cleanly. 90% of all hacked CMS sites were WordPress in 2018 and 70% of current WordPress installations are vulnerable to known (and patched) issues. Polyverse Polyscripting for WordPress is applied easily and transparently without impacting developer productivity or runtime performance. Polyscripting for WordPress is installed using a one-line command that connects to a customer’s existing WordPress files and MySQL/MariaDB database. Enterprise WordPress users can contact Polyverse for a demo.
Serviceaide, Inc., a provider of intelligent, enterprise service management solutions, announced the launch of Luma Knowledge, a self-learning, knowledge-centered product that optimizes access, creation and reuse of enterprise knowledge to service and support needs of users and customers. The maker of the AI-powered Luma Virtual Agent, Serviceaide is leveraging AI technologies like natural language processing and machine learning in digital interactions, knowledge and automation to bring advanced capabilities and business value to service and support functions across the enterprise. Features and capabilities:
- The Luma Knowledge hub provides a common tool to actively correlate and access information federated across the enterprise.
- Luma Knowledge offers a common semantic pathway to all enterprise knowledge.
- Natural Language Processing auto extracts topics and pulls text from complex documents to auto-create FAQs.
- A dynamic guided search capability, based on available knowledge, helps users access the right information even when they don’t know exactly what to ask for, and don’t know what is in the knowledge base.
- Automated learning leverages machine learning to auto-tune retrievals and identify missing content or other related issues.
- Knowledge Sharing – Federating across multiple knowledge bases, semantic searches and guiding requests deliver accurate knowledge
- Knowledge Discovery – Proactively discovering knowledge both inside an organization and from external sources
- Knowledge Improvement – Continuous monitoring of knowledge and feedback to provide recommendations for needed knowledge, correcting knowledge and searches, and retiring unused knowledge