Immediacy, part of the Mediasurface group (UK, AIM: MSR) announced the launch of Immediacy Web Content Management Suite 6.0 (WCMs 6.0). New features are:
- Extended Web 2.0 functionality allows easy creation of ‘My Pages’, profiles and blogs that help to deliver the content, context and connections for social interaction.
- Immediacy WCMs 6.0 creates a platform for community-driven tags (folksonomies) and business taxonomies to co-exist.
- The new Immediacy SharePoint Connector is designed to allow non-technical users to publish accessibility compliant content directly from SharePoint.
- Improved Search Engine Optimisation generates the XHTML-validated code that search engines such as Google prefer.
- Taxonomy and Categorisation Manager employs sophisticated algorithms to extract keywords, key phrases and a summarised description from any web page or document, then automatically categorise it against a taxonomy or folksonomy.
It also includes as standard new enhancements for social networking including RSS, OpenSearch, Robot.txt, PDF output and blog capabilities. http://www.mediasurface.com