There are only 4 more weeks until our annual San Francisco conference. If you haven’t already made plans to attend, you should check it out. We have more content than we have ever had in San Francisco, so whatever kind of enterprise web or content application project or responsibility you have, you’ll find learning and networking opportunities.
Our marketing group has been posting updates on our announcements blog and on Twitter. But for those of you who only read this stream, here is a quick update:
- The early discount rates have been extended to May 8th.
- Gilbane conference room rate of $220 at the San Francisco Westin includes complimentary daily guest room internet use, valued at $14.95 per day.
- There are 46 conference sessions, workshops or product labs, 90 expert speakers, 36 sponsors/exhibitors.
- Keynotes from Microsoft & Adobe on the future of web platforms and customer engagement
- Keynote analyst panel with Forrester, IDC, Gilbane, and WelchmanPierpoint.
- We’ll be using #gilbanesf as the hash tag.
See you there.
Open Text Corporation (NASDAQ:OTEX) (TSX:OTC) and Vignette Corporation (NASDAQ:VIGN) announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which Vignette will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Open Text. Vignette shareholders will receive US $8.00 in cash plus 0.1447 of an Open Text common share for every Vignette common share which equates to approximately US $12.70 at close of market on May 5, 2009. This represents a premium of approximately 74% above the 30 trading day average closing price of Vignette‘s shares and approximately 41% above the most recent closing price. This values the transaction at approximately US $310 million. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of calendar 2009 and is subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by Vignette‘s shareholders, Hart-Scott-Rodino anti-trust clearance, Securities and Exchange Commission clearance and stock exchange approvals. http://www.vignette.com, http://www.opentext.com/