Although the focus of next week’s Worldware conference in Santa Clara, CA, is on global software strategies, the event is on Gilbane’s calendar because demand for localized product content naturally follows demand for localized software.
A number of the topics on the Worldware agenda resonate with us as relevant across both software development and content development domains within global enterprises:
- Understanding localization scope and costs
- Business cases for why localization should remain a strategic focus, especially in uncertain economic times
- Cross-cultural user experience
- Web globalization and social media trends
- Modeling agile software development practices to enable faster-time-to-market for technical content
Gilbane Senior Analyst Karl Kadie will be onsite and would welcome the opportunity to meet with Gilbane readers.
Worldware is produced by Localization Institute and MultiLingual Computing, Inc., Gilbane’s partners in education for language and content management professionals. Collaborative efforts this spring include our participation in in Berlin (June 8-10) and a at Gilbane San Francisco developed in conjunction with Localization World.