Gilbane Conference Workshop: So You Want to Build a Mobile Content App?
Instructor: Jonny Kaldor, Managing Director, Kaldor Group (creators of Pugpig)
November 27th, 2012 at the InterContinental Boston Waterfront
With the continuing and massive adoption of tablet devices, content owners have a dizzying myriad of ways to disseminate content to employees and customers alike in a way that is faster, broader, more engaging and more actionable than ever before. Business models for content owners are being revolutionised, and tablets are now offering a truly viable alternative to print. But it doesn’t stop there – whether you’re pushing content to consumers or disseminating information across your enterprise, you can reap tangible benefits from publishing on tablet devices. This session will dive into the key aspects of conceiving, designing, building and launching your mobile content app, whether you’re targeting your employees, clients or consumers. We’ll cover both the opportunities and the many pitfalls that you will encounter (and nimbly jump over) as you set off of your content app journey…
- Where to start?
- Translating print or web to mobile – it’s not so easy
- Designing an engaging and really useful user experience
- Avoiding building a whole new team to manage the mobile channel
- Aligning your web and mobile strategy and operations
- Webapp vs native vs hybrid – which should I go for?
- Adaptive design / responsive design”
- Business models that work
- Making sense of multiple devices and marketplaces
- Using the big players to your advantage (Apple, Google, MS, Amazon)
- Keeping your users happy