Administrative Assistant & Marketing Associate
We are a small but well-known international technology analyst firm covering web information technologies trends and practices. We provide advisory and strategic consulting services, organize conferences, and write reports. Our clients include mostly medium to large businesses and government organizations. See https://gilbane.com to find out more about us.
We are looking for someone to assist management with company operations and communications with our analysts and consultants, partners, customers, and suppliers, and who wants to grow with our company. A large part of the job involves updating our websites and blogs. We are small enough that this position provides exposure to all aspects of a contemporary, high-energy, growing professional services business. There are opportunities to learn about web, collaboration and information technologies, sales and marketing, being an entrepreneur, analyst, or consultant.
We are located in Cambridge with easy access to the Red Line. Travel is mostly not required. Currently, one trip a year to our San Francisco conference, and 3 days on-site for our Boston conference (if you live outside metro Boston).
Experience & Education:
A college degree and at least 2 years full time work experience in a business environment is required.
- Update websites and blogs (You don’t need to be a webmaster, but you do need some basic web skills)
- Office management
- Work with our suppliers and partners
- Schedule conference rooms and meetings
- Manage corporate phone and email systems
- Maintain customer lists, databases and project information
- In addition to internal and customer communications, assisting with marketing activities including press releases, email programs, collateral and report production.
- Managing conference speaker communications before, during and after our events.
Skills & characteristics:
- Organizational skills, self-discipline, and initiative should come naturally.
- strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- customer sensitivity and responsiveness are critical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat & Dreamweaver, and browsers and search engines. Movable Type experience a big plus.
- Comfortable with basic use of Adobe Illustrator, Google applications, Zoho CRM, Intuit Quickbooks, and various other web and applications.
- Basic familiarity with HTML is very important.
- Need to be able to use Apple and Windows machines.
Hours: 25 – 40
Location: Cambridge, MA
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Interested? Send resume and/or questions to email@example.com
No phone calls and no recruiters please.