With the upcoming release of SharePoint 2010 “The business collaboration platform for the Enterprise and the Web”, Microsoft is hoping to accelerate the already dramatic growth of SharePoint. The SharePoint partner ecosystem is clearly excited, and even sceptics agree it is a major release. But how do you decide whether SharePoint is right for you, or which parts of SharePoint could meet your needs, either on their own or in conjunction with other enterprise applications? Should you use it for collaboration? for search? and what about web content management – a major focus of SharePoint 2010?
With SharePoint 2010 just entering public beta and scheduled for release in the first half of the year, it is time to make sure you know what its capabilities are so you can make informed near term or strategic decisions. And, you need to get the full story, and the way to do this is to see it, and play with it, for yourself, and talk to sceptics, evangelists, and people already using SharePoint for applications similar to yours.
Whether you are attending the full Gilbane Boston conference or just visiting the technology demonstrations, you have a unique opportunity to learn what you need to know about SharePoint content management at Gilbane Boston. As part of their rollout, Microsoft will be on-site at the conference with a classroom setup with PCs loaded with SharePoint 2010, and will show you how the new content management capabilities work.
Get the full story on SharePoint 2010 for content management at Gilbane Boston:
- Visit the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Experience at Gilbane Boston 2009 for the opportunity to walk through, learn, and understand the new content management capabilities in Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Talk to Microsoft product managers, and get an up-close look at new capabilities, and find out what is coming.
- Talk to multiple independent analysts and consultants who are both sceptics and fans of SharePoint for a balanced view.
- Hear from experienced SharePoint consultants with hands-on experience and get their opinion on what is coming SharePoint 2010.
- Visit SharePoint partners in the exhibit area who have been helping companies deploy SharePoint to meet a wide variety of business requirements for many years.
- Hear case studies and talk to companies that are using SharePoint.
- Attend conference sessions focused on SharePoint, including:
- E15/I12. SharePoint 2010 for Content Management
- E9/I3. Improving SharePoint Search & Navigation with a Taxonomy and Metadata
- E10/I4. SharePoint Strategies for Today & with SharePoint 2010
- E14/C10. SharePoint Case Studies & Strategies
- C6/I8. Microsoft SharePoint 2010: How Will It Impact Your Collaboration Strategy?
Don’t miss your chance to be one of the first see and touch SharePoint 2010!Social tagging: gilbaneboston > Microsoft > SharePoint